+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI/Simon pet peeve

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

AI/Simon pet peeve

You know what bugs me almost to the point of wanting to stop watching?

The way the audience boos Simon when he's announced and the way they boo when he is giving his thoughts (or how Paula and Randy interrupt him)

Since the Top 12 he hasn't even said anything REALLY rude....he's giving honest feedback that I think could be helpful to these people if they would listen.

It just makes me mad...why even have him on the show if they don't let him talk?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

i honestly think they are prompted to boo. i think though ppl agree most frequently with him, they love to hate him.

Randy booing him annoys me the most.
    It;s so juvenile.

I think Simon takes it in good fun as he winked at Randy when he did it last night.
    I just find it annoying.
    Simon is being made out to be far more of a villain than he is imo.

I still think the performers would say a positive comment from him is worth ten from Paula.
    "That's Numberwang!"

amen! paula gives someone an honest opinion "you really weren't very good." then ends it with, "but, you did great."

huh?

I completely agree.

I wouldn't mind if just the audience booed - but when the judges get in on the act, it's a little much.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I agree w/ Fluff...I think Simon is being made out to be more of a villain than he really is. Sure, he's a little harsh in his critiques, but I don't think he's ever really that far off target. If the contestants think he's rough, wait until they get out into the real world!

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, i drives me nuts when Randy and Paula interrupt. Shut up, he was quiet during your opinions, have some respect.
    The crowd booing is just funny.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Plus I usually agree with Simon's analysis.
    (ie: Corey's performance WAS painful)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Simon was a lot more brutal with Corey on the results show than he was on Tuesday night.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fade to black
    My brother and I usually always agree with Simon. He's the only judge with the guts to say it like it is each and every time (Randy occasionally steps out of his nice shell, but not often enough).
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast