+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 11: A Night At The Movies

Another Sycophantic Lemming

Thanks for a great recap, Lobeck! I, for one, am especially thankful for it, because I missed the first hour of last night's show (and unfortunately it sounds like I missed some excellent performances from my favorite performers Clay, Ruben, and Trenyce).

Based on what I saw, the bottom three has to be Julia, Carmen, and possibly Charles (although I missed Corey's perf this wk, who may have been in my bottom 3 if he was as bad as some people report).

Of these three, I think Julia has got to go--she lacks confidence that shows in her performances. She appears frightened as if she's being forced to sing by gunpoint! Unless her sister is going around bullying people into voting for her, AI should finally put her and us out of our collective misery for once and for all.

By the way, it is actually a myth that lemmings follow one another to suicide, based on a Disney documentary from the 50s shot by filmmaker James Simon who reportedly faked the sequence of lemmings hurling themselves over a cliff. Nobody's pushing me to praise anyone on this forum. I do so purely because I enjoy the reading, and would like to voice to those who post my appreciation and delight.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I really think Julia is going to go tonight!

<-------mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi

Originally posted by jmsjmsjms
    I really think Julia is going to go tonight!
    I certainly hope so, JMS!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Good job! I enjoy your recaps almost as much as the show itself...except for what Simon said about my Kimberly lol j/k
    Last edited by SunnyRay; 03-19-2003 at 05:59 PM.

Originally posted by This Is Reality
    If you recall from last season, Nikki wasn't that great and she made it to the final 2 out of sympathy votes! It cost an early exit for Tamyra. Look what happened to get Jim in the top 10..and AJ!
    SYMPATHY.
    I think Julia should just quit. Her looks after she performs and during makes me depressed....lol!
    Not to pick nits, TIR, but Nikki came in 3rd last season. Kelly Clarkson and Justin "The Human Chia Pet" Guarini were the top two.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I avoid the automatic congrats that many of my fellow board members throw out like the lemmings that they are
    It's not that we're Lemmings Chaimey, it's just that we've known Lobey for so long that he knows he totally rocks , and great stuff is all we say, though you are right we should say more..
    Lobey, you rule

The Human Chia Pet that gets me every time

Re: American Idol, Top 11: A Night At The Movies

Great job, Lobeck!

Originally posted by lobeck
    Then we meet Simon's mother, who's in the audience. After talking to Simon's mum, Ryan tells Simon, "She's hot." OK, eeeuuuw. Just eeeuuuw.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally posted by Chaim
    this was your finest recap yet (I avoid the automatic congrats that many of my fellow board members throw out like the lemmings that they are)

"lemmings that they are"?

If your intention was to congratulate lobeck for writing a recap that is indeed the finest you have read to date, then please do so.

But to attempt to assign blanket contempt toward, or diminish the motives of, those who post similar comments is misplaced.

Many folks here have known for quite a long time that lobeck busts his ass to get these detailed, accurate, and damn funny recaps out in near record time for our enjoyment, and if we chose to show our appreciation to him for doing so, it is for our reasons, and in my case it is because I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Bill; 03-19-2003 at 10:03 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    I really thought Trenyce, Ruben, and Clay were the best performers last night.. Pretty much like everyone else. I thought Corey was god awful and I don't know he is still even here! So many people hate him I don't understand how he has stayed on this far. I think Carmen is very likeable as a person but not as a singer.. at all. And Julia, I dunno, she wasn't awful but she was just not into the song.. And Kimbery Caldwell was okay. The rest were all pretty good. I thought Charles tried very hard, but still didn't really cut it. But oh well...

I agree with your top three picks, JustJoe, but I'd have to say that Trenyce is my very favorite. I subconciously hear the songs she has performed going through my head all the next day - she does such a fabulous job. Plus, she has great stage presence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast