+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So far tonight....(3/18 post show discussion)

So far tonight....

What did everyone think of tonight's show so far? I was *NOT* feeling Corey's take on "Against all odds" or whatever it was called at ALL! The judges liked it I guess, I just am over the contestants kissing the butt of the audience "You guys are beautiful tonight"... bleh! I agreed with Simon... painfull!
    And what was up with the "I'm glad you changed your shirt Simon!?!?!" What does that mean? lol loser!

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you. I can't stand Corey...I find his voice very annoying. And he seems so arrogant....

I thought Corey was simply awful, and I can't believe the judges were so easy on him. I winced several times.
    Ruben was really good, but to be honest, the song wasn't a stretch for him. It was typical. It bothers me that he keeps wearing the same 205 shirts, and it bothers me that no one's told him that he should change his style or lose weight b/c he doesn't fit the image of the AI.
    Trenyce was just amazing. I cringe when they try to sing Whitney or Celine Dion, b/c the almost inevitable fail, but she was great.

I thought that Ruben did an amazing job (big shocker there!) I LOVE "A whole new world"... I know I know, I am *such* a fag! lol Anyway, I love his voice, and thought he did great...

Trenyce.... I was a little worried when Trenyce said she was singing a Whitney song, and was happy to hear that she didn't butcher it like we have heard so many times.... I dont think that she did an amazing job, but it was a solid performance... I dont know if anyone else notices it, maybe it's just me... but the one thing that I dont like about Trenyce is that it sounds to me like she gets that throaty sound every so often, kind of like that girl last year with the Afro got... I dont even know if you will understnad what I mean, but she doesn't ALWAYS sing with it, it just kicks in for short periods... I think that if she can get that under control, she will be one to watch, she could make it pretty far in the competition...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I agree that Ruben needs to ditch the 205 jerseys... I understand he was trying to be real with Birmingham or whatever, but he obviously got his point across since I know that 205 *IS* in birmingham... in any case, it is getting really old, and he looks stupid... I mean, if they were to sing bandstand like last year would he be wearing that damn 205 shirt again? someone help him!
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Clay was GREAT! LOVED it when he hit the powerful note at the climax of the song! LOVED IT! I didn't like the ending though, I'm not a fan of falsetto, and didn't think he did it great... but he was amazing!

FORT Newbie
    I ADORE Clay and thought he did a fabulous job, as usual. He's definitely my favorite!!!!

Kimberly C .... well I think that Kimberly C is SMART! She knows that her voice is not as strong as some of the people in the competition, so she works with what she is good at.. WORKING THAT CROWD! She is a performer, and she did a great job with the song that she selected... I *do* like the tone of her voice, and maybe she will shock me and sing the hell out of a song sometime soon, but in either instance, she should be around for a while...

Wow, I still have 10 minutes till it starts. I'm glad to hear that Clay rocked, as usual. What song did he pick?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Clay is BY FAR my favorite. No contest. I love Simon for what he said. BUT I thought he was off key twice. I thought he missed the climax and the end. But the rest of it was powerful stuff.

How much did I love it when Gladys told Kim that was made for movies? Implying not made to sing...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast