+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So far tonight....(3/18 post show discussion)

FORT Newbie
    You people just have too much fun, so I had to delurk and join in ...

I was pleased to see KimL rebound this week and to see Josh finally show why he was ever here. I hadn't been impressed with him before, but he did very well. Clay fought for that last note when many would have warbled off to disguise the problem ... good for him. Ruben actually remembered all the words! Trenyce sounded great, but girl needs some meat on those bones! All in all a very strong night for anyone I cared about ... now if I can just forget the nightmare that was Mr Ain'tIeverything (what do the judges see in Corey?) and Miz-Yodel 2003, I might even get some decent sleep tonight.

Mytzch

FORT Regular
    Clay gets my vote tonight, I think Julie will be gone tomorrow.

I thought Ruben was amazing.
    Admittedly, the song didn't stretch him, but he just has the most perfect voice there for me and I love hearing him sing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yay! I loved Trenyce too.
    *Megan*
    http://www.stephanieschultz.tk

I don't know what to think about Carmen. I liked her when she was really belting it out, but the ba-a-a-a thing gets old. I wonder what it is with Simon? Is it a Paula and Corey thing? Or does he really like her for her voice? Hmmmm.

They're talking to Kelly now, so I think I'll surf for a few minutes.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I think Kim C is letting her singing take a back seat to her personality.
    She works the stage and the audience like a professional and you almost forget that her voice doesn't really sound that great (not to me at least).

I think either Julia or Charles will be on their way out tomorrow.

I think Charles is a real cutie, has a great voice and looks to be really enjoying himself, but I didn't like his song choice.

Julia on the other hand doesn't look to be having much fun at all.
    She seems to be really lacking in confidence.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think that based on tonights performances....

1. Clay
    2. Ruben (just felt that his song was too easy)
    3. Trenyce
    4. Joshua
    5. Kimberly C
    6. Kimberly L
    7. Carmen
    8. Rickey
    9. Julia
    10. Charles
    11. Corey
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

First off, I love the new look with Kim L's hair...The straight hair really suits her...

Anyway...

My bottom three would have to be definitely Julia...To me it looks like she is always so untight and not having fun. I didn't really like Carmen either. She is just blown away by other really, really good people in this competition. Also, I don't dislike Corey as much as some...I'll give him the fact that he's unique and all but tonight wasn't his best. I hope he gets in the top 3 just for a wake up call...He definitely won't win against Clay, Ruben, Treynce, etc. but if he wants to stay around a couple more weeks, he needs to kick it up. His voice is starting to get annoying...It's too bad because I really like, "Against All Odds" too...

Kim L is sooo much better...She has redeemed herself. Kim C...blah...It wasn't horrible but it wasn't real good...Trenyce was amazing. I am so glad she didn't do "I Will Always Love You"..."I Have Nothing" is a better song and I'm glad she chose that one and did a great job with it. I liked the dress...but not on her...

Charles was okay...Better than last week. He deserves to stick around another week. I liked Ricky...He isn't on the same level as Clay and Ruben but still good...I liked Josh. He made the song his own. Haha...had to love Simon's comment about the disco theme...

Clay and Ruben...again...just excellent...I love them both...

I agree that Charles is a little cutie, but he just isn't working for me... What frustrates me about Julia is that I *think* that she could be doing well, at least a lot better than she is actually doing.... she just seems so damn scared on stage that she is having a bad time..... *sigh* oh well, I wont be upset if she gets the boot (although I would MUCH rather see corey go) And on Carmen, I think that she needs to work on her Vibrato, that is really the only thing that gets under my skin... but I *do* think that she deserves to stay a couple of weeks still... she isn't the worst
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Yeah, Charles was nothing special. But I'd a thousand times rather listen to him than Corey. (Please America, end the pain). I really hate the appeals to the audience. Just listen to the judges and shut up.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread