+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So far tonight....(3/18 post show discussion)

I thought that Josh did a great job with the song, I just wish that he would STOP milking the "I'm a marine, I have a little girl" thing... he doesn't NEED that, he has a good voice and shouldn't try to get by on a gimmic..... Anyway, I thought he did great tonight, it will be interesting to see if america will vote for a country singer to win the American Idol crown... one thing that I am curious about though, when he said he was going to be country from here on out.... how can you really do that with different themes each week? I guess you could try to find a country song for each theme, but I think that will be tough... I missed last weeks show (grrrrrr! damn miami making me be on the beach!) but I can't believe how good everyone is doing tonight... think it will go downhill now that we have heard Ruben, Trenyce, Clay, and Josh?
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Carmen... First of all... how damn cute did she get? lol I don't think that she did a great job tonight, BUT I must say that she hasnt' done as bad as I THOUGHT she was going to do, in my opinoin, she has proven that she does in fact belong in the final 12 as much as anyone else.. she has been the worst so far, but I can't imagine that *that* performance will be the worst of the night... if so, wow
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I just heard Corey's performance, praying all the while for a merciful Heavenly Father to strike me deaf. Was it just me, or did it remind anyone else of "first-timers" night at the karaoke bar? He did get better towards the end, but it really was PAINFUL. And then he just wouldn't SHUT UP. Oh, if only we could vote AGAINST people. Anyway, back to the TV.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

lol... *high fives spegs!*.... I forgot about Corey... he was much worse than Carmen IMO.... Charles just performed, and I personally was not feeling it.... just didn't click with me, I was bored.... *yawn* NEXT!

Okay, the only way I can think to describe Ruben's performance is he was like a epidural. All the pain from Corey was just soothed away in the first few notes. What a voice!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Does anyone else think that Rickey is solely a R&B one dimensional singer?

Trenyce--wow.

I liked the look, except the cleavage. Maybe this is being picky, but it really looked bad to me.

But you can't argue with the voice.

LOL... I agree that Trenyce's cleavage was looking less than fabulous... however I am not really a fan of ANY cleavage! lol So my opinion there really doesn't count... she looked pretty either way! (although can't imagine that being her "Sunday's best"... yikes!)

I was wondering what Julia was thinking when she had the shirt off of the shoulder... I got it when I heard her song selection Anyway... I dont think that she did a bad job, she just doesn't seem to be comfortable on stage, her voice was fine, she didn't do bad... just looked scared to death

Clay just went. I am all ferklempt.

When Simon said that he was the one to beat, I actually got misty.

I agree on that last high note, but the rest was so smooth and pure (thank you Gladys) and beautiful.

That's my boy!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread