+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: So far tonight....(3/18 post show discussion)

I agree with everyone on Clay's last note... last night I put that he messed it all up with that note, and that it was way off... but looking back over it on tape, it doesn't actually sound that bad... it's a LITTLE shaky for the first second, but then he gets it okay... it wasn't a big deal, unfortunately not everyone has it on tape to listen to over and over again
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

but see, here's the problem... i didn't tape it. just got that one viewing, so i think clay made a mistake in choosing to sing the last note falsetto. THAT being said, it's not going to matter. he is still wonderful and in the top 2 for sure.

Okay.....

1. Clay- Even though I cringed on his last note, he was a step above the rest.

2/3. Ruben/Trenyce- both of these two are AWESOME. I really liked Ruben last night, I think this week was one of his best.

4. Rickey- I've never been a fan of his, but last night I was impressed.

5. Kim L- Didn't look amazing, but sang beautifully. I didn't think the style dress suited her, and I didn't like the hair, either, Lobeck.

6. Josh- I loved that song on him. He has a kind of country voice, which isn't my *favorite* but it seems to work for him.

7./8. Charles/Kim C- Both have much potential, but none have amazed me lately.

9. Corey- Ahh. I think I have a love- hate relationship with this guy. Hated his audition, loved Foolish Hearts and This Old Heat of Mine, hated him last night.

10./11.- Julia and Carmen. I can't pick a least favorite!
    -Julia- BAD hair, BAD outfit, BAD song, BAD performer.

-Carmen- BAD vibrato! She *really, really* needs to work on learning to control her vibrato, which is a really hard thing to do. She's average at best. Official 'Yodel-Count' on her song last night: 6. I don't need to hear a country twang on the Grease soundtrack, either. It's too bad she's not a better singer, because she's absolutely adorable.

Originally posted by dvm
    Corey:Is it just me or did he look like he just finshed smoking a doobie before going on stage last night or what? Corey Clarke looks like a cross between Snoop Dogg and El DeBarge. He needs to get off his high horse and stop walking around like he's some sort of pimp.... I foresee him making a name as the director on next year's "Girls Gone Wild."

Kim C: She does not fit in with this competition. Her voice is kind of edgey. Unfortuantely, American Idol is not.

Julia: As proved by her performance last night, will be eliminated this week... she was just awful and NOT made to perform.
    Haha...I can see Corey doing that...He definitely has that Snoop Dogg/El DeBarge thing going on...And what was up with his comments while Ryan was trying to talk, "Are you gonna vote? Get your mom to vote!" And all that...Pretty annoying...

Kimberly C. hasn't got it for American Idol...You're right...She just doesn't fit.

And Julia...Ugh...She looks so uncomfortable up there...It's painful to watch her...

And I have to agree with you, KylieGrant, I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Corey...Hated him in the beginning...Didn't think he belonged in the 32...then he redeemed himself...but now...ugh...

Originally posted by Gizmo82
    Tonight... IMO the bottom three were

1. COREY (YUCK!)
    2. Charles
    3. Either Carmen or Julia... I would *rather* see Rickey go.. but based on tonights performance he should stay at least another week.... Charles and Corey should be bottom two, and Corey should GO HOME!

Damn! I thought that I had called it! Wish it was Corey, but I'm okay with no more charles.

Fade to black
    Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Charles - Is it just me or does he look so fake on stage? I don't think he moves well at all, and he was boring. I couldn't get into him either visually or vocally - nice kid, but no, he's done for. Crowd pleaser - that was funny.

Bottom Three
    1. Charles
    2. Corey
    3. Julia

Hey... I got something right. Charles is such a nice kid though, I felt bad for him.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fogey
    I wish it had been Corey, though. Charles may be boring, but at least he isn't completely off-key and hurting my ears like Corey!

Fade to black
    Oh I agree completely - I just thought Julia and Corey had a bigger fan base. That was my only reason for picking Charles.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I have to laugh at all the talk about Clay's last note. I went outside for a few minutes and missed most of Clay's performance. I happened to come into the room right as he started his last note. I freaked out for a second. "Oh my god, what's wrong with Clay!?!?"...thinking that he had completely tanked his performance. Fortunately I have Tivo. I replayed it. He sounded great, but that last note was as bad as any note that Corey has hit. It was just so horrible and weird. I felt bad for him, but I still think he did a great job overall.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread