+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would YOU watch AI if Simon were not a judge?

Yeah.. we certainly don't need a replacement judge that is quick to give out standing ovations. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I don't know...Simon is a big part of the show for me....I would probably still watch...But not as much as I do now.

No, I probably wouldn't. Simon makes the show for me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I'd watch but probably not enjoy it.
    *Megan*
    http://www.stephanieschultz.tk

Simon is the only one who has the guts to call it as he sees it.
    If he leaves they would need to replace him with someone who is NATURALLY as brutally honest as him.... He's gonna be hard to replace... I will probably still watch the show, but Simon is a big part of the show, they'll have a hard time finding a replacement/
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I don't even know if I will watch the next one regardless if he is there or not. If he isn't then I would doubt I would watch regularly.
    I really hope they don't have AI3 until next year. A break is needed. The concept of the show is great but the production is awful, annoying and the results show is insulting and horrible. The problem is I just really enjoy the concept of the show. If they could pull it all together Simon leaving wouldn't be so bad. But if it is this show with out Simon. Well that wouldn't be so pretty.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I wouldn't watch. Maybe a new show that's similar. We don't need a million AI's. Tonight when Ryan said to Kelly "these 11 are vying to take the title from you" or something, I felt it was disingenuous. It can get old like Star Search and just not be important anymore. As for Simon, he's the whole show-if he didn't give frank comments and wasn't who he is (his credits are very impressive), then we'd just have boring cheerleaders like Paula and boring pretentious people like Randy. BTW, if Randy says "dawg" one more time, I'm going to throw something at the TV and break my own television. Anyway, Simon is it, he's interesting. And any celebrity guest is going to be too nice. How in the world has Corey come this far? Or Julia? They are worse than most karaoke people. Anyway, Simon is the real American Idol-go figure.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by shersidhe
    that's what i said before right after he picked her, but now i just think it was for shock value.
    I totally agree....and if it's true, it worked because I'm still in shock that he selected her. Somewhere out there, Chip Days must be feeling kinda cheated. Anyway, yeah, I'd still watch the show even if Simon weren't on it...I'd just hope Fox would have the sense to replace him with someone just as, if not more so, controversial.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Simon is the only thing that sets this show apart imo.

Without him there's not a chance I watch.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It's the british... : replace Simon with another British critic and you'll have one brutal judge... My dad's british, and I could see him acting like that... though he's the complete opposite of what would be accepted as a judge
    *** Vote for me! - HiTouch Photo Contest (I have to beat out all the 'cute' baby shots and predictable american pride photos

http://www.thebruce.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast