+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting AI article

JR.

Interesting AI article

Maybe this show wasn't such a good thing for people with any real talent.

http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/200...act/index.html

I'm no expert, but that contract has the potential to be brutal to these kids and their future.

That's pretty sad, but that's the price a lot of new popstars have to pay at first. How long do their contracts last for? Hopefully, they can surivive till the contracts are up. Then, maybe they can take control of their own career. Maybe.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, but you know I'm sure it will all work out for her

I'm sure this beats working as a cocktail waitress -and I'm pretty sure she never would have been "discovered" without AI, so I bet she's pretty happy.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    It's pretty much a lifetime contract, they are slaves to this company. And if the company wanted to, they could smother a career.

Contracts are usually for 3-5 albums. This one sounds like a deal with the devil.

Sleeping with George W
    BravoFan, I agree with you completely.

Kelly had already tried once to make it and failed. This was a real blessing for her.

And, lets face it, contracts are made to be broken. If Kelly keeps up this momentum and truly becomes a star, she'll be able to sue the record company to let her out of the contract. And, she'll be able to afford a lawyer to make it happen.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And, she'll be able to afford a lawyer to make it happen.
    Eden!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV but I can't see a court letting stand this type of contract when it in effect appears to indenture an individual for life.

Having said that, I also can't see a reputable company (if in fact there are any) trying to enforce this type of contract.

Jeez, you can see why some of them didn't lookn to be too happy at the Las Vegas thing the other week.
    A number of them didn't look as though they wanted to be there.
    I would imagine some of them sinply want to put the whole thing behind them and move on with their careers.

I can see a nasty law suit in the future when the kids try to get out of these contracts.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread