+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon's Bashing of the Producers

Simon's Bashing of the Producers

This is the first season of American Idol for my wife and I, so we don't know about anything that might have happened last year.

What we are REALLY curious about is the bashing Simon was giving to the producers. He seems to have some real and serious RANCOR towards them.

Is there any news on what the deal is there and if there was any post-show fallout?
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    I agree with simon the fire behind kim at first was distracting. When he said it looked like a burger king commercial he was right. The show should be about the singer, and we should focus on the singer. Not to have some fancy image behind them, that only works for certain shows and concerts.

I can't believe that the internet hasn't been able to dredge up the "real story" behind Simon's comments, and whether or not those executive products "scolded" him.
    -Michael

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I thought I had heard or read a rumor somewhere that the producers had told Simon (and Randy and Paula) that they would all need to pick female wild cards to keep the show with an even gender split (since they knew Clay was in from the vote)

And that is what caused his anger....also speculation that that's why he chose Carmen from what seemed to most viewers as out of the blue -- because he was trying to make a point.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Wow. Where did you hear/read this?

My wife and I have always suspected that perhaps the producers were trying to control their picks. This would be very interesting.
    -Michael

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I really wish I could remember Threshold.... I remember I was actually looking for something else completely unrelated to AI, so I wasn't really paying that much attention to it. I never looked around, but thought this had probably already been discussed/speculated at the FORT...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

They have turned the show inot a big cheese fest. A lot of their new ideas this year were just lame. Such as the family thing which they quickly changed to the ridiculous back grounds to the cheesy home videos. There is porbably a lot of things Simon is upset about.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

But isn't it Simon's show?

He gives the contract, and I thought he owned the rights to it. Maybe they did a different deal for this one.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I thought this was Simon's show too? I'm new to the show and don't know what went on before.

He's a producer too isn't he?????
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Simon Fuller is one of the producers...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast