+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162

Thread: Melinda Doolittle - Season 6

FORT Regular

Re: Melinda Doolittle - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by waspylookin;3429105;
    Talk about a vindication of Melinda's unreal talent - go compare her "My Funny Valentine" to the amateur hour version put on by Matt Giraud last night.
    +1

That was one of my favorite performances of that season.

FORT Fogey

Just bought her CD and I like it! I did miss her rendition of "Funny Valentine" last night

Talk about a vindication of Melinda's unreal talent - go compare her "My Funny Valentine" to the amateur hour version put on by Matt Giraud last night.
    So true! How did he dare do that song, when it's only 2 years since Melinda wowed everybody with that one. Talk about poor song choice!

This may have contributed to his exit this week.

I totally LOVED Melinda. Anybody who hasn't heard it, search for the video. You won't regret it.

I wasn't a Melinda fan during her season, but even I will admit that her rendition of "My Funny Valentine" outshines Matt's take on the song BY FAR...

FORT Fogey

Well, I'm not going to defend Matt's tepid version of MFV, but on the other hand Melinda's version strikes me as rather bombastic and showboaty. Which makes sense in the context of the show. But if you want to hear a more sensitive take on the song search YouTube for "chet-baker my-funny-valentine". Chet has an even "smaller" voice than Kris, but the way he lets himself disappear into the song is amazing. BTW, if you don't know Chet Baker, he was a jazz trumpet player, not a singer. Occasionally he would sing a bit on his songs.

+ Reply to Thread