+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Melinda Doolittle - Season 6

very sweet personality , I root for her

She's one of my favorites!

She's one of my favorites, too. I hope she can handle stepping out from the back.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jessicarlos;2243722;
    What is up with her constant "shrugging". It looks wieird. Like her head is attached to her shoulder and she has no neck. Weird.
    I think that's just her body language when she feels shy or insecure. Her humility is part of her charm, IMO, and I love her voice!
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

Doolittle goes from Brentwood and Belmont to 'American Idol'

A little background information. Belmont University is situated amongst Nashville's famous "Music Row" home of all the recording studios. Belmont is a Baptist college. I attended Belmont for a short period in 1968. At that time it was a small school known as Belmont College.
    Fast forward a few years and it is now well known for it's School of Music and Mike Curb College of Entertainment & Music Business (Curb Records anyone?). Many of today's country music stars are Belmont graduates, Faith Hill being one that comes to mind. To say this young woman has some credentials would be an understatement.
    "The only thing I can say is, 'I am always in it to win it,' " said American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle, a Brentwood resident and 1999 Belmont grad.

"I want to succeed at anything I put my hand into," she said. "With this process, I am taking baby steps. My goal is to get through next week."

Last week, Melinda, 29, emerged as one of 24 semifinalists in Idol's sixth season. She said she doesn't really have a strategy for Wednesday's show.

"I think I am just going to live in the moment and have fun with it," she says. "I have a tendency to be nervous early on. I am at a point where I need to just have fun with it, because I enjoy singing and people, and I get the best of both worlds with this show."

Melinda, a background singer who has performed with Anointed and Martha Munizzi, sang "For Once in My Life" at the Idol auditions in Memphis. "Actually, a friend of mine was going to the audition, and he invited me to go along because I quite enjoy the funny singing.

"We thought you had to audition in order to watch everything, so we did. We thought it would be fun. I had no idea I would make it to this point. I am so excited!

"Oh, my goodness, it is going great! I am learning to love every second of it, getting rest when I can. I am really, really enjoying myself."

She said her family is full of advice. "Mainly song choice is the huge one, and 'what are you going to wear' and 'make sure you smile.' Everybody has suggestions for songs. I did have someone suggest that I sing 'Shotgun' in honor of them because they carry around a gun most of the time. I think that may have been my favorite one."
    Doolittle goes from Brentwood and Belmont to 'American Idol' - Nashville, Tennessee - Monday, 02/19/07 - Tennessean.com

Now that was a brilliant performance. I hope she makes it all the way to the end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2251404;
    Now that was a brilliant performance. I hope she makes it all the way to the end.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Melinda did a great job! She'll be around for quite awhile. I loved her song choice and her performance. She's very talented indeed.

FORT Regular
    She's terrific, but she has to stop hiking her shoulders -- it makes her look very insecure and a little awkward. Her voice is there but she doesn't yet connect with the audience like LaKisha does. If she relaxes and gains confidence, this will be quite a showdown.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    I think she's great. Her only problem is that she's not that pretty but with a voice like that, she doesn't really need to be. PLus she's a great performer even when she's shy.

+ Reply to Thread