+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leslie Hunt - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen;2245947;
    Lilting...thanks MotherSister, that's exactly the word I was looking for when I said Leslie's style reminded me a bit of Sarah McLachlan.

Of course it's way too early to tell, and I'm not comparing the two, but it's at least refreshing to hear somebody take a different tact than shouting.
    But the Idol judges seem to have a clear bias towards big-voiced belters, whether of the country, rock, pop, or r&b variety. I kind of wonder if someone like Sarah MacLachlan would have made the top 24 on Idol, and if she had, whether Randy and Simon would have been continually putting her down for being "boring" (i.e., not belting).
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ß;-D

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    I loved loved loved her shout-out at the end of her song last night. What was it she said? "Why oh why did I scat? America just doesn't like Jazz." I was surprised she sang it into her song, most beople are bitter and not funny at vote-out time. I was sorry to see her go, I thought her voice was interesting and had a certain appeal to it. I would have preferred to kepp her over Hailey or Antonella, but I can't see her making it to top 12, so she would have been going home next week anyway.

FORT Fogey
    I think, and hope, that in the long run, getting voted off when she did will prove to be a great thing for Leslie. I really liked her voice, and I really liked her style. But she just doesn't seem like a pop singer to me. She's the kind of performer that I could see making a great career of playing music clubs, with an audience of honest to goodness music fans, selling a respectable number of CDs, but not huge platinum blowouts. I just don't see her as a pop star. Her style, and her comfort in being her own person just don't put her in that slot for me. I'd rather see her stay herself and not be a huge star than become something she's not for the sake of stardom and Idol.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2262770;
    I think, and hope, that in the long run, getting voted off when she did will prove to be a great thing for Leslie. I really liked her voice, and I really liked her style. But she just doesn't seem like a pop singer to me. She's the kind of performer that I could see making a great career of playing music clubs, with an audience of honest to goodness music fans, selling a respectable number of CDs, but not huge platinum blowouts. I just don't see her as a pop star. Her style, and her comfort in being her own person just don't put her in that slot for me. I'd rather see her stay herself and not be a huge star than become something she's not for the sake of stardom and Idol.
    I agree 100% with your post...she's not what someone would think of as an American Idol....and as I've said all along I've liked her for being quirky and different....I hated to see her go but I don't know that she would have made it to the Top 12.

Keep up with her group's myspace www.myspace.com/marktwang and there might be news of upcoming appearances. Plus you can listen to her recordings.

I wish her well..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Television :: 'Idol' contestant took some risks, paid price

'Idol' contestant took some risks, paid price

March 3, 2007
    BY MISHA DAVENPORT Staff Reporter
    Chicago dog walker Leslie Hunt may have been booted from "American Idol" Thursday, but she has no regrets about auditioning for the hit show.
    "I would have liked to have had the chance to rock out a bit more," the 24-year-old said by phone Friday from Los Angeles. "Watching myself perform 'Feeling Good,' I realized, man, I am totally white."

She was voted off after singing Nina Simone's challenging jazz number earlier this week. As for why she was eliminated, she could only speculate.

"I'm not really mainstream, and I chose songs that aren't on the top of the charts," she said.

"It was a risk I felt I should take. I feel better and more in my element when doing things that are true to me. I guess I don't know America that well."

When host Ryan Seacrest announced Hunt would be leaving the show, fellow "Idol" contestant (and Naperville resident) Gina Glocksen broke into tears.

"We were both pretty hysterical throughout the entire night," Hunt says. "We were roommates here and we're incredibly close."

Hunt would like to see Glocksen go all the way -- "If not 'American Idol,' than something else. I don't hope for better things for her than anyone else, though. Every one of them deserves it."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    "Watching myself perform 'Feeling Good,' I realized, man, I am totally white."
    ....That attitude and humor is why I loved Leslie Hunt!!! I would have loved to have gotten to know her better!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2265142;
    ....That attitude and humor is why I loved Leslie Hunt!!! I would have loved to have gotten to know her better!!
    Me too! I loved her... she'll be ok though!

I just listened to her music on her myspace. I really like her rendition of Summertime.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    I'm gonna miss her... She was fun and talented and genuine

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Why is it that once your in the top 24 you can't then audition next year? I don't really understand why.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast