+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leslie Hunt - Season 6

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen;2242630;
    I don't remember seeing her prior to last night, but I liked what I heard in the little vocal snippet they aired last night. She's got a unique sound...and I like the vocal style. It sorta reminded me a bit of Sarah McLachlan's style, in the way that the voice will suddenly pull back from a note and drop into a hush.

I'm not describing it well at all...but I like it!
    Hard to compare just yet, but I too get the feeling I am really going to like this girl. I think her voice is very interesting and I see the potential, with the right song choices, for her to shine. We'll see how she does next week.

Thought she has very sweet, fun personality and she's really cute but I thought her singing was okay, not outstanding (no one is yet). Have to listen to her more, it's the first time I've seen her. I really like her, she stood out for me.

Great personality, so-so singing voice IMO. I don't remember seeing much (if any) of her before Wednesday's show.

Unless she just knocks it out of the park in these next couple of weeks, I don't look for her to make the Top 12.

Hope she sings well in the coming weeks! I really like her.

Leslie, was the girl in the commercials. The one where they say, is she the next Idol. I love her singing style. I can't wait for more.

I think her voice is ok but...there's something that irks me. I don't know what it is.
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

FORT Fogey
    I love her sense of humor. Her dancing was hysterical.

I can't beleive that cool older rocker chick and Tatiana got cut over her. Sometimes I think they intentionally put mediocre contestants in to make the faves stand out and look better.

If the top 24 had ALL really good contestants there would be noone to root for.

Nina Simone is her Idol. I have to love her.

I think Leslie has a very pretty voice. Her tone was gorgeous on some of those softer, lilting notes. I wish we'd seen more of her. She practically has to set herself on fire in the next few weeks to have a shot at the top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2245440;
    I think Leslie has a very pretty voice. Her tone was gorgeous on some of those softer, lilting notes.
    Lilting...thanks MotherSister, that's exactly the word I was looking for when I said Leslie's style reminded me a bit of Sarah McLachlan.

Of course it's way too early to tell, and I'm not comparing the two, but it's at least refreshing to hear somebody take a different tact than shouting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast