+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by caragwapa;2265967;
    I totally agree with everything you said. SHe is overrated and Melinds and Stephanie has much better control and dynamics than her. I hope she goes before Steph and Melinda because I don't think I have it in me to root fore her. She's a bit too loud for my taste (the singing, that is).

I totally agree with both of you. She is way overrated. Obviously she can sing but there are better singers in the competition. A singing competition to me isnt who can scream the loudest.
    Jessica

I think it would be fair to say that Lakisha is the new Mandisa.

I think Lakisha (and Melinda) are the two best singers they've ever had on the show.

I loved Mandisa, but she's no Lakisha.

I love love love LaKisha! Talent comes naturally to her! she's a better singer now then most of the contestants ever will be in their whole life....with that said I am sure with one weak performance she could be gone because unlike some other contestants she does not have crazy consisitent fans who will vote for her no matter what...lets face it she's no thin hot blond and unfortunately the audience is too shallow!
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Shallow...exactly!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyshadowz;2270474;
    she does not have crazy consisitent fans who will vote for her no matter what
    Oh YES she does!!!

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyshadowz;2270474;
    I love love love LaKisha! Talent comes naturally to her! she's a better singer now then most of the contestants ever will be in their whole life....with that said I am sure with one weak performance she could be gone because unlike some other contestants she does not have crazy consisitent fans who will vote for her no matter what...lets face it she's no thin hot blond and unfortunately the audience is too shallow!
    Agreed.

The thing about Lakisha is that it all seems so effortless.

She is as natural a singer as there ever has been.

Even if she doesn't win the competition, she is going to be set for life!
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2266224;
    I think it would be fair to say that Lakisha is the new Mandisa.

Actually, Lakisha is much better than Mandisa. Unlike Mandisa, Lakisha can sing with nuance and emotion, sliding from loud to quiet, fast to slow, with a natural quality.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;2271008;
    Actually, Lakisha is much better than Mandisa. Unlike Mandisa, Lakisha can sing with nuance and emotion, sliding from loud to quiet, fast to slow, with a natural quality.
    Mandisa sang with power throughout, and occasionally seemed to screech. LaKisha has full-range of her voice and it's very rich and warm.

She was born to do this!
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

So far there's only been one night (Week 1) when I though Lakisha was the best of the night. Last night and the previous week I thought Melinda was best, and last night I'd have put Lakisha about 4th because she picked an overdone -- REALLY overdone -- song and pretty much karaoke'd it.
    I'll withhold judgment for a few more weeks. Let's see how well Lakisha and the others can make the songs their own and show diversity of style (both within songs and between them).
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

+ Reply to Thread