+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

FORT Fogey
    I've heard Jennifer's version on You Tube or someting like that. It was good, but I'm going out on a limb and say that Lakisha is a better singer.

I remember Jennifer on AI. For me, there is something missing when Jennifer performs - and sings. She fell flat for me.

Maybe I'll change my opinion when I see Dream Girls, but until then, Lakisha has it over Jennifer both vocally and from a performance perspective.

And still, Fantasia does it for me over both of 'em.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-25-2007 at 12:02 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2255396;
    I've heard Jennifer's version on You Tube or someting like that. It was good, but I'm going out on a limb and say that Lakisha is a better singer.

I remember Jennifer on AI. For me, there is something missing when Jennifer performs - and sings. She fell flat for me.

Maybe I'll change my opinion when I see Dream Girls, but until then, Lakisha has it over Jennifer both vocally and from a performance perspective.

And still, Fantasia does it for me over both of 'em.

Yes go see Dreamgirls and then come back and tell us who do you think has the better version. Jen wasnt even close to my fave during her season but after hearing her sing in that movie as well as sing a little bit making the rounds on talk shows, she is by far the best singer that has ever come out of American Idol.
    Jessica

LaKisha is AMAZING! She sings wonderfully and she's so humble and down to earth you just want her to be happy!She desreves this! GO LAKI!!
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

Time to venture into deep water and suggest that maybe Lakisha is a bit overrated. She's pretty good, and from a pure "belting" perspective she has the "biggest" voice, but both Melinda and Stephanie have more skill.

Inevitably the divas take from each other's voting pools. That's why having three of them in the contest at once may not be the greatest thing for any of them. Plus there's Jordin, who's almost like a... er... even less talented mini-diva. All I'm saying is that of the whole diva group, Lakisha is not the one I'll be pulling for. I have nothing against her, but to me she's oversinging everything. "Midnight Train To Georgia" about as close as she could get to subtle... and it wasn't very.

If both Stephanie and Melinda wind up being bounced before her, I might reconsider her, but only because she'd be far better than the remaining alternatives.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    It just aired yesterday, and I was like dammmmnnnnn! This girl can sing!
    But the end just went wonky for me, she sorta pronounced the end wrong or something. But fabulous performance though!
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Very, very, very impressed with Lakisha's talent. I could be wrong, but she seems like she might be an overly serious young woman. Like fun might be a sin!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2264274;
    Very, very, very impressed with Lakisha's talent. I could be wrong, but she seems like she might be an overly serious young woman. Like fun might be a sin!
    I think she is just EXTREMELY focused.

She knows that AI is a lifetime chance to go from a bank teller to a much more financially rewarding life for her and her child.

For some reason I don't think she'll be buying herself a pair
    of "Pickler's..shoes"..

FORT Fogey
    I like her quiet demeanor. However, the quiet ones always have another side. I think her and Doolittle are probably very playful outside of this environment.

Either way, as long as they stay humble, I'm happy. Can't tolerate ego. Not at all.

Yes, that's why I like these two, also. Melinda Doolittle and LaKisha both are very humble acting. They can both sing, and sing very well.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2263784;
    Time to venture into deep water and suggest that maybe Lakisha is a bit overrated. She's pretty good, and from a pure "belting" perspective she has the "biggest" voice, but both Melinda and Stephanie have more skill.

Inevitably the divas take from each other's voting pools. That's why having three of them in the contest at once may not be the greatest thing for any of them. Plus there's Jordin, who's almost like a... er... even less talented mini-diva. All I'm saying is that of the whole diva group, Lakisha is not the one I'll be pulling for. I have nothing against her, but to me she's oversinging everything. "Midnight Train To Georgia" about as close as she could get to subtle... and it wasn't very.

If both Stephanie and Melinda wind up being bounced before her, I might reconsider her, but only because she'd be far better than the remaining alternatives.
    I totally agree with everything you said. SHe is overrated and Melinds and Stephanie has much better control and dynamics than her. I hope she goes before Steph and Melinda because I don't think I have it in me to root fore her. She's a bit too loud for my taste (the singing, that is).

+ Reply to Thread