+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

There are several contestants I'd love to see win, based on what I've seen/heard/read so far. This season is going to be hard - I've never cared much one way or another about more than one or two singers before.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I missed the little kick MotherSister picked up on during the Hollywood round but I was Lakisha's after tonight. That was one gutsy song choice with the Oscars coming right up and she absolutely nailed it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Like Simon said, she was in another class all by herself. She seems very sweet too, I don't see any cockiness in her.

LaKisha will be hard to beat. She's amazing! She's not my personal favorite of the girls, but I would put her in my Top 5.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Holy crap....she was AMAZING last night. This girl can sing. She is in a class all by herself. I hope she makes it to the top 5
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular
    I couldn't believe she was going to tackle that song, but she not only handled it, she knocked it out of the park. That was an amazing performance. I thought she'd be the favorite from the early rounds, but now I'm sure. She has it all, voice and personality. Her only potential downfall is if her fans think she's safe and don't keep voting for her.

FORT Fogey
    She can belt out a song but i do not see her winning through.

She is good performer and has very, VERY strong voice. But I didn't love her performance, because I think she's too one-dimensional. There's lots of power in her voice and she really did nail all the high notes but I'm not sure if the low notes were that good. And I just hate that she always has to belt it all out, it would be nice to see more tender side of her. I think I've seen this all before and that's why I'm not blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2251759;
    She can belt out a song but i do not see her winning through.
    There is no question the girl can sing but I wonder if she has any marketability. Really. Something must be said about sex appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;2251765;
    She is good performer and has very, VERY strong voice. But I didn't love her performance, because I think she's too one-dimensional. There's lots of power in her voice and she really did nail all the high notes but I'm not sure if the low notes were that good. And I just hate that she always has to belt it all out, it would be nice to see more tender side of her. I think I've seen this all before and that's why I'm not blown away.
    Maybe she will surprise us and we will see another side, right now she and several of the other belters are way too hard. (And I am someone who doesn't mind a hard voice, but I need a little softness in there too.)

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    i just can't seem to get into lakisha and i dont know why

+ Reply to Thread