+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

I LOVE her, but I just can't see her as the american Idol
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Fogey
    Just from what I've seen so far, I like her. She seems like a good singer and I'm anxious to hear her sing more!

I liked her voice.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

She's AMAZING!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2242412;
    did she say skating??
    Roller skating?

Okay, she's probably my favorite female contestant, so far. I really like her voice, and I think she'll do well because she does seem to be a powerhouse vocalist. My concern is that TPTB are trying to play up the single-mom back story and a lot of people get turned off by that sort of manipulation. I wish it were as simple as merely walking onto the stage every week and singing a song - no judges' comments, no behind the scenes vid-clips, no interviews - just straight singing. But then, where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2243149;
    I LOVE her, but I just can't see her as the american Idol
    I agree completely. If I could pick the American Idol, she'd be my top choice among the girls at this stage. But, alas, I'm not the only one who votes.

I look for her to make the Top 12 without any problem. After that, she could be this season's Mandisa/Tamyra and get booted before she should.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    She has a good voice. I don't know about her performance though. She was so humble, and sincerely cried tears of joy when she was choosen. Her reaction really made me take notice of her.

Well, Mandisa may have been booted, but at least Katharine got to stay around, with her unique soulfulness and depth of characterÖ

All I ask is that Lakisha isn't beaten out by Haylie!! No more vapid, sexy white girls beating out vastly more talented Ö well, anyone Go Lakisha!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Holy crap! That little snippet of her performance during the hollywood round was AMAZING!

I have to say I was not impressed with her at all during he audition, but she got me after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by xDC3x;2245401;
    Holy crap! That little snippet of her performance during the hollywood round was AMAZING!
    Really. Once she did her little diva move, with the kick, I was hers.

+ Reply to Thread