+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2279996;
    I don't know...she deliberately refrained from over singing last night and was fantastic!

I just don't hear her "screaming" or "yelling." Her voice is powerful and melodic.

Funny how different people hear different things.
    Well, you and I hear LaKisha the same then, because I think her voice is pretty close to flawless. She toned down her volume last night, and it sounded beautifully on tune. this girl doesn't miss a mark when it comes to hitting the notes.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fan
    LaKisha rocks Seger household
    FLINT
    THE FLINT JOURNAL MLIVE ONLY
    Thursday, March 15, 2007
    By Doug Pullen
    JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
    No one, not even classic rocker Bob Seger, seems to be immune from the LaKisha Effect.

TheRock and Roll Hall of Famer from Michigan says his wife, Nita, and 11-year-old daughter, Samantha, are big fans of Flint's "American Idol" hopeful LaKisha Jones.

"I hear she's the best one," Seger said Wednesday. "I asked my daughter about it the other day. We were on the plane together, and they had all the (contestants') faces in the paper and she said, 'That's the one. She's amazing. That's the one you want to see.'"

The 61-year-old rock legend has been a bit too busy to watch the progress of Flint's star-in-the-making. He winds up a 50-city tour with shows tonight and Saturday at Detroit's Cobo Arena.

The concerts are being recorded for a possible live DVD and CD.

But you can bet Nita and Sam will let him know how their favorite "Idol" does.

"They watch it religiously," Seger said. "I guess it's the whole underdog thing. They cheer for the underdog, especially the girl from Flint."

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

Underdog ? Seger's obviously just blathering for publicity and doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I love her voice and I like the way she is so down to earth. I am rooting for you, Lakisha!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

LaKisha is one of my top two FAVORITES. I hope she goes a long long way, if not to the end with this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Heard, on the radio this morning, that Lakisha's entire church has organized to watch her, and sit there (at the church) and vote for her on Tuesday nights. I think they call it some kind of "watch". She belongs to one of those mega-churches in Houston. They have at least 2000 members putting in multiple votes for their star. What wonderful support! The pastor was very excited and supportive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2283022;
    Heard, on the radio this morning, that Lakisha's entire church has organized to watch her, and sit there (at the church) and vote for her on Tuesday nights. I think they call it some kind of "watch". She belongs to one of those mega-churches in Houston. They have at least 2000 members putting in multiple votes for their star.
    That's quite ridiculous, to have an entire congregation sit there and use only one brain to speed dial for Lakisha.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2283022;
    Heard, on the radio this morning, that Lakisha's entire church has organized to watch her, and sit there (at the church) and vote for her on Tuesday nights. I think they call it some kind of "watch". She belongs to one of those mega-churches in Houston. They have at least 2000 members putting in multiple votes for their star. What wonderful support! The pastor was very excited and supportive.
    That's support. I say more power to her. That's wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2283106;
    That's quite ridiculous, to have an entire congregation sit there and use only one brain to speed dial for Lakisha.

That's not unusual, many other past idol contestants had their families, church members, friends, town supports doing the same thing.

Love Lakisha more power to her.......

+ Reply to Thread