+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by A11Y7;2274905;
    I find Lakisha EXTREMELY overrated. Don't get me wrong, she's a very good singer. But her song choices are so predictable. "I Have Nothing" That's about the 5th time that song has been sung on Idol by an R&B singer exactly like Lakisha. She sings "And I'm Telling You, I Am Not Going", wasn't exactly predictable, but it sounded too much like Jennifer Hudson. J-Hud is better anyway. It's almost like she's trying to copy other idols. "Midnight Train To Georgia"? Paris. "I Have Nothing"? Trenyce, Vonzell, J-Hud (I think), etc. "And I'm Telling You"? J-Hud.

To me, she's a regular R&B singer. We've seen millions of her in all different seasons. I find her extremely boring, and I don't think she's that good.
    She is great singer with huge voice but for some reason I just don't get her. I think it's because she doesn't bring anything new, I've heard this million times before. Good belter but nothing new, nothing special, nothing unique.

I agree. LaKisha's perofrmance last night was awesome! I still think either she or Melinda are going to win this. LaKisha has a strong big voice with lots of control.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Lakisha was good but she just didn't wow me. She needs to change it up, show more versatility.

Up till last night, Melinda was by far my favorite, but Lakisha moved right up with her in my ratings with that performance last night.

I just read the heading on abc news website..."KIKI brings hope to the town"!
    I dont know if i can post the link here but this is what one person said
    "She really brings us a spirit of hope," said Flint lawyer Trachelle Young. "We're just grabbing onto that hope, and we're gonna ride with her all the way to the end
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;2279268;
    She is great singer with huge voice but for some reason I just don't get her. I think it's because she doesn't bring anything new, I've heard this million times before. Good belter but nothing new, nothing special, nothing unique.
    I agree with you 100% nemo78. I think she has a good voice, but there is just nothing exciting about her. And, the constant pimping of her by the judges is getting old too.

No matter what, she can do no wrong. Her performances are always very karaoke-like to me. Nothing new. Nothing original.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2279867;
    I agree with you 100% nemo78. I think she has a good voice, but there is just nothing exciting about her. And, the constant pimping of her by the judges is getting old too.

No matter what, she can do no wrong. Her performances are always very karaoke-like to me. Nothing new. Nothing original.
    I agree ldcook. She does have a good voice, but she tends to over sing and yell often. and the pimping from the judges has already gotten to me and it's only the first week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I don't know...she deliberately refrained from over singing last night and was fantastic!

I just don't hear her "screaming" or "yelling." Her voice is powerful and melodic.

Funny how different people hear different things.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2279996;
    I don't know...she deliberately refrained from over singing last night and was fantastic!

I just don't hear her "screaming" or "yelling." Her voice is powerful and melodic.

Funny how different people hear different things.
    So true, I don't hear Lakisha yelling or screaming either I love her voice, even though I am not a fan of Melinda those are the 2 to beat.....

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2279952;
    I agree ldcook. She does have a good voice, but she tends to over sing and yell often. and the pimping from the judges has already gotten to me and it's only the first week
    I disagree. I think what makes Lakisha special, unlike past AI "divas" like J. Hudson, is that she can control her voice and add her distinctive nuance to her interpretation. Lakisha knows how to pace a song and use different tones and volume to convey emotion. That is the mark of a fine singer.

I would say it is actually Melinda who oversings and races through songs like a locomotive. Melinda needs to calm down a bit so she can convey some sincere feeling in her songs.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread