+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LaKisha Jones - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2273209;
    Awww I Love her! will be voting crazily for her next week!!
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

FORT Fan
    Lakisha Jones
    'American Idol' Finalist
    Hometown: Fort Meade, MD
    Grade: A-

While Lakisha hasn’t been flawless, her gaiety has been evident since her great Aretha "Think" audition, and her powerful pipes were responsible for the universal acclaim of her version of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," which is the performance people still talk about. Randy has compared her to Jennifer Hudson, the judges adore her, and she's a delight. She can be a little rough at times, as her hurricane voice tends to leave her breathless (and I'm not sure if America can handle the incessant weekly weird wig parade). But if Melinda is Queen then Lakisha is heir apparent.

Idol Report Card - Yahoo! TV

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2273541;
    Lakisha Jones
    'American Idol' Finalist
    Hometown: Fort Meade, MD
    Grade: A-
    But if Melinda is Queen then Lakisha is heir apparent.

Idol Report Card - Yahoo! TV
    I've been saying this very thing all along. I look for either Melinda or LaKisha to win this season.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Am thinking LaKisha may be this season's Mandisa ... blew everyone away at the start ... then pulled up just a little short ...

But don't count her out just yet...
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2273978;
    But don't count her out just yet...
    Melinda kicked her tushy the last two weeks. She'll really need to pull out some personality with her performances.

Melinda has out-performed LaKisha the last two perofrmances. I agree. I'm just saying anything can happen, and if I were to choose the top two as of right now, it would be those two women. Melinda and LaKisha.

I find Lakisha EXTREMELY overrated. Don't get me wrong, she's a very good singer. But her song choices are so predictable. "I Have Nothing" That's about the 5th time that song has been sung on Idol by an R&B singer exactly like Lakisha. She sings "And I'm Telling You, I Am Not Going", wasn't exactly predictable, but it sounded too much like Jennifer Hudson. J-Hud is better anyway. It's almost like she's trying to copy other idols. "Midnight Train To Georgia"? Paris. "I Have Nothing"? Trenyce, Vonzell, J-Hud (I think), etc. "And I'm Telling You"? J-Hud.

To me, she's a regular R&B singer. We've seen millions of her in all different seasons. I find her extremely boring, and I don't think she's that good.

Another Amazing Performance by KIKI!!
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

Kiki! What a cute nickname. Here gorgeous voice blew everyone away last night. Jordin and Melinda were close, but I love that Lakisha held back a little, really sang her heart out. That was an amazing performance.

+ Reply to Thread