+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

FORT Newbie
    I hope it's Jordin and Blake! I agree Melinda and LaKisha are immensely talented, but I would personally prefer a Jordan/Blake run-off. They both have an undeniable X factor and "spark".

Jordin's rocking this competition! I LOVE her.

I'm just worried she may be another early casualty like Stephanie, seeing the amount of discussion she's generating. Oh well, in any case, she's made it on tour, which counts for something! (Not to take away anything from those who didn't, but the tour is, from what I've heard, extremely fun for the contestants. Hmm. Wonder why. )
    2003-2008.

I think she has a very good shot at making the top 5. Its too eraly to judge farther then that. But if she doesnt make top 5 it will really be surprising.
    And now he's wrapped around her finger,
    She's the center of his whole world.
    And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2293346;
    Jordin's rocking this competition! I LOVE her.

I'm just worried she may be another early casualty like Stephanie, seeing the amount of discussion she's generating. Oh well, in any case, she's made it on tour, which counts for something! (Not to take away anything from those who didn't, but the tour is, from what I've heard, extremely fun for the contestants. Hmm. Wonder why. )
    I HIGHLY doubt this. She has never been in the bottom 3 (the one time it was down to her and someone else was just because of order, right?) and she seems to have a very strong fanbase. I predict she is never in the bottom 3 until it gets down to 4 or 5.

Nicole Linkletter - Renee england88533's Avatar
    her performace last week was so amazing!
    I am really rooting for this girl to go far!

Jordin is amazing. I think Lulu was her age she sang the title song for "To Sir With Love" in the 1960s. Both sounded remarkably mature for their young ages.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I think Jordin has mass appeal as well as being super talented. Her timing and her pitch are beautiful. She has stage presence, looks like she's really enjoying herself and I think she could belt out a good pop song as well as a ballad.

I think when you compare Jordin to LaKisha and Melinda, you get more of a mass market appeal with Jordin, not to mention that her age can draw a younger audience. I think Melinda is amazingly talented, but I don't think she fits the bill of an "idol" in the sense that I don't think she appeals to the demographic that Idol ultimately sells to. While she can generate millions of votes, I'm not sure if that can translate to sales. Think Taylor Hicks.

I also think LaKisha is talented as well, but I don't think she has the (excuse the pun) spark that Jordin brings to the table. I think the lightheartedness of Jordin combined with her amazing singing ability may make her the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2297797;
    I think when you compare Jordin to LaKisha and Melinda, you get more of a mass market appeal with Jordin, not to mention that her age can draw a younger audience. I think Melinda is amazingly talented, but I don't think she fits the bill of an "idol" in the sense that I don't think she appeals to the demographic that Idol ultimately sells to. While she can generate millions of votes, I'm not sure if that can translate to sales. Think Taylor Hicks.

I also think LaKisha is talented as well, but I don't think she has the (excuse the pun) spark that Jordin brings to the table. I think the lightheartedness of Jordin combined with her amazing singing ability may make her the winner.
    I like Jordin because she (or Blake) is the best singer/performer this year. I don't give a hoot whether she or anyone else can sell albums. I love her singing. Regarding Taylor, the guy has sold close to a million records singing in a genre that is 30 years old ('70s blue-eyed soul). That's success in my book.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-26-2007 at 05:03 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I like Jordin because she (or Blake) is the best singer/performer this year. I don't give a hoot whether she or anyone else can sell albums. I love her singing. Regarding Taylor, the guy has sold close to a million records singing in a genre that is 30 years old ('70s blue-eyed soul). That's success in my book.
    True... But I think TPTB want the winners to have DAUGHTRY!!!11!!1 (heh) type sales. In that case, Jordin or Blake may be their best bet.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2297797;
    I think Jordin has mass appeal as well as being super talented. Her timing and her pitch are beautiful. She has stage presence, looks like she's really enjoying herself and I think she could belt out a good pop song as well as a ballad.

Couldn't have said it better! Exactly why my family supports Jordin over the other two.

+ Reply to Thread