+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

I predicted to my 2 sisters when she won, that I thought she wouldn't do well in sales, it was just a feeling I had. Just didn't see it. She sang well sometimes, but wasn't consistent imo. Melinda Doolittle was the one that should have won or at least should have been in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2693852;
    I can let you know that Jordin will debut somewhere in the 8/9/10 neighborhood on the Billboard Top 200. Sales totals will be confirmed by Soundscan later tonight but it will be in the vicinity of 120-125 thousand. Even if it comes in at the top of that range it will be the lowest sales of any Idol winners debut by a long shot. I feel very bad for Jordin. I think she has lot's of potential & if she had been associated with any other season I think the results would have been much better.
    100 to 125 thousand is not good at all , feel a little bad for her. If she had competed in any other season, I don't feel the results would have been any better, maybe season 5, nearly everyone well did well from that season.

FORT Fogey

Unfortunately, according to this article, the album bombed

Week Of Nov. 26, 2007: Idol Schmidol - Jordin Not Setting Off Sparks - Chart Watch

Not at all surprised.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2693891;
    100 to 125 thousand is not good at all , feel a little bad for her. If she had competed in any other season, I don't feel the results would have been any better, maybe season 5, nearly everyone well did well from that season.
    I feel bad for her too, I really liked her. I thought alot more people liked her during the season, but it seems people have already forgotten her.

This isn't an excuse for her, but I think she wasn't helped by the oversaturation of Idol contestants into the pop market. This may only get worse next season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by davidbird;2698411;
    I feel bad for her too, I really liked her. I thought alot more people liked her during the season, but it seems people have already forgotten her.

This isn't an excuse for her, but I think she wasn't helped by the oversaturation of Idol contestants into the pop market. This may only get worse next season.
    I think it's proof that no matter how much people like you on the show, and the fact that they voted for you to win, it doesn't mean you're going to have success when the show is done. Which I think sucks for the winner. It has to be such a great feeling to think you're going to become a recording star and then not have such great success. Last season it seemed so weird seeing Reuben onstage with the other idol winners. Now there's a guy you never hear about. But, it still doesn't mean Jordin won't have success.

'American Idol' loses its juice, Sparks album tanks - Smallscreen

'American Idol' loses its juice, Sparks album tanks
    By Stone Martindale Nov 29, 2007, 20:29 GMT

The latest "Idol" winner Jordin Sparks is selling worse than Taylor Hicks, the previous year's winner.

The Fox reality show is entering its seventh season.

Auditions for the seventh season of American Idol began July 30.

The Auditions were held in the following cities:

* San Diego, California: Qualcomm Stadium

* Dallas, Texas: Texas Stadium

* Omaha, Nebraska: Qwest Center

* Atlanta, Georgia: Georgia Dome

* Charleston, South Carolina: North Charleston Coliseum

* Miami, Florida: American Airlines Arena

The seventh season of American Idol will air in January 2008.

Sparks was the youngest winner of the series. She secured a deal with Jive, which has a track record of breaking young R&B/pop superstars, including Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

But the magic has stopped.

It's hard to point to one distinct reason why Sparks failed to launch.

Despite the ratings juggernaut it has been for Fox, the plethora of untalented finalists might be a sign that the program is increasingly looked at as a freakshow, not a serious search for the next great American singer.

Runner ups Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry proved winning isn't everything - they all have reached levels of great success.

Sparks has a stronger digital presence that is cannibalizing her album sales, this demonstrates how much technology has changed the music world since Kelly Clarkson began.

Prior to her album's release, Sparks told MTV News that she was nervous about its prospects. "I really hope that it does well, I hope that people like it, and they embrace it. ... I hope I make people proud." She added that Underwood and Clarkson had "set the bar so high — I really want to try and achieve [their successes], so hopefully I'll be able to."

And in an interview Entertainment Weekly conducted the week before the sales figures were released, Sparks admitted to EW that she was "nervous" about the album's chances. "No one's told me what to expect," she said at the American Music Awards, where Daughtry and Underwood were big winners. "I hope it does really well ... but I can also expect the worst, that it won't sell at all."

Jordin would have hit a high note if she signed with the Disney Channel, perhaps had her own show such as "That's so Raven."

Taylor's album may have undersold to everyone's expectations, but his concerts are a big draw and he seems to be a happy camper now. I wonder if Jordin will have the same chance to tour and build up more of a fan base.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2701816;
    Jordin would have hit a high note if she signed with the Disney Channel, perhaps had her own show such as "That's so Raven."

Taylor's album may have undersold to everyone's expectations, but his concerts are a big draw and he seems to be a happy camper now. I wonder if Jordin will have the same chance to tour and build up more of a fan base.
    She better, ot they are just writing her off. I expect we'll see tor dates soon, although I don't remember Katherine doing any sort of a major tour.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2701816;
    I agree with you on this roses...she would be great in a Raven style show!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread