+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

I don't think she's 6' either. My daughter is that tall (I'm 6'3") and like you say BA, paying attention to her surroundings etc, I agree that 5'10" sounds more likely.

FORT Fan

Live Review: American Idols Live in Glendale, AZ
    July 19, 2007 02:07 PM
    By Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
    LiveDaily Contributor
    "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks [ tickets ] made a triumphant return to her hometown of Glendale, AZ, Wednesday (7/19) as the Top 10 finalists entertained a nearly full house at Jobing.com Arena.

The 17-year-old Sparks wowed the audience with her tear-inducing version of Martina McBride's "Broken Wing." Playing acoustic guitars, Sparks and blue-eyed finalist Chris Richardson interpreted Rascal Flatts' hit "What Hurts the Most." But perhaps the most impressive take of the night was Sparks' rendition of Shirley Bassey's "I Who Have Nothing," a song Sparks sang on the Fox television show.

The two-hour American Idols Live [ tickets ] performance had a variety-show feel to it, with the Top 10 finalists taking turns singing solo and in groups. The show kicked off with the entire group singing The Black Eyed Peas' "Let's Get It Started." When Sparks hit the stage in a mini skirt and football jersey, the energy was palpable.

But it wasn't all about Sparks, the daughter of former NFL player Phillippi
    Sparks. Melinda Doolittle and LaKisha Jones served up the classic songs "Stop! In the Name of Love" and "Baby Love" during a Motown medley. Richardson joined the two women, who donned evening gowns, for an impressive spin of Marvin Gaye's "Heard it Through the Grapevine."
    The rest is here.

Live Review: American Idols Live in Glendale, AZ >> Tour dates and concert ticket info >> LiveDaily

Jordin has signed with 19 Recordings/Jive Records .her first single Tattoo will go to radio on August 27th and her CD will be released in November.

American Idol Winner Jordin Sparks to Debut on 19Recordings/Jive Records

American Idol Winner Jordin Sparks to Debut on 19Recordings/Jive Records

Debut Album Scheduled to Hit Stores in November

NEW YORK, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- It was announced today that Jordin
    Sparks, the youngest American Idol winner ever in the popular TV
    franchise's history, blazes a post-Idol signature trail all of her own and
    signs to 19Recordings/Jive Records, one of the industry's most cutting-edge
    labels.
    (Photo: Newscom Search )
    "We're thrilled to welcome the partnership with 19Recordings and Jordin
    Sparks as the first Idol winner to make her home at Jive," stated Barry
    Weiss, CEO and President of Zomba Label Group (ZLG). "Her poise, her
    amazing vocal ability, her relentless optimism has been apparent to
    millions of fans all around the world. We're honored to have this
    burgeoning worldwide superstar on Jive Records."
    Clive Davis, Chairman of BMG, U.S., also commented: "Jordin is a
    terrific young singer who has found a great home at Jive. Barry and his
    successful team know how to patiently nurture career artists, and Jordin
    Sparks hints of a legacy and longevity waiting to be fulfilled."
    "American Idol has truly been a life altering experience," Jordin said.
    "Signing with 19Recordings/Jive and Barry Weiss and his great team is
    hopefully the beginning of another dream opportunity for me to deliver the
    kind of meaningful music I love. I can't wait to share this next chapter of
    my story with all the fans that have supported me so far."
    Simon Fuller, the creator of American Idol and the guiding force behind
    American Idol's unprecedented success and founder of 19 Entertainment
    concurred: "You couldn't find a better match in or out of this business
    than Jive Records, 19Recordings and Jordin Sparks."
    Winning the majority of the more than 74 million record-breaking votes
    cast, the 17-year old Glendale, AZ, native, was followed by millions of
    television viewers and was hailed by critics and fans as one of the most
    "musically evolved" contestants the Fox show has ever had.
    Jive Records is gearing up to launch Jordin Sparks' lead single,
    "Tattoo," produced by the hit-making duo Stargate (Beyonce, Ne-Yo) and
    co-written with Amanda Ghost, whose impressive credits include James
    Blunt's "Beautiful" and "Beautiful Liar" with Beyonce and Shakira. "Tattoo"
    will be arriving at radio stations across the country on August 27th, and
    Sparks' eagerly awaited debut album will be in stores in November.
    Currently, Sparks is wowing live audiences in a trek across the U.S. with
    other Season Six finalists on the Pop-Tarts American Idols Live! Tour. In
    between tour dates, she's scheduled to appear on The Teen Choice Awards
    which airs live on FOX on August 26th.
    The Zomba Label Group consists of record labels Jive, LaFace, Volcano,
    Verity, GospoCentric and Fo Yo Soul. These labels represent a varied group
    of artists including Justin Timberlake, R. Kelly, Usher, Tool, Ciara, Chris
    Brown, Pink, Britney Spears, OutKast, Kirk Franklin, Three Days Grace, 311,
    Nick Lachey, T-Pain, Byron Cage, Bullet For My Valentine, Buddy Guy, Living
    Things, Anthony Hamilton, Donnie McClurkin, John P. Kee, Fred Hammond,
    Hezekiah Walker, Marvin Sapp, Kelly Price, J. Moss and Backstreet Boys.

SOURCE 19Recordings/Jive Records

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Someone on the net was nice enough to scan the AI tour program...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

She's such a beautiful girl but I hate how she looks a bit sexed up in some of the pictures. I like the note at the bottom - very age-appropriate.
    Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06

Lovin' TAR, AI, DWTS, & TC!

Here is a nice little news blast from the San Diego auditions. Pay close attention.... Jordin has made the wall of fame just behind Randy.

Mediacenter - FOX6 San Diego

I jsut heard her single "tattoo" and find it to be just as breathy as her show performances. I thought they would have worked that out in the studio.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Link Here

'American Idol' Champ Jordin Sparks Puts Finishing Touches On Debut, Considers Acting

The debut album from America's latest "Idol," Jordin Sparks, will drop November 20. So why is the 17-year-old songstress — and youngest "American Idol" champ — still sitting in a Los Angeles recording studio? Well, she's not done with the self-titled LP yet, which has her feeling a bit nervous.

"It's all very exciting, but also kind of scary, because it doesn't give me a lot of time to finish it," she said. "I'm out here in L.A., finishing up the record, and then they're sending me back to New York to write some more songs, and then I'll be coming back to master it and set the order for the songs. ... I'm trying really, really hard to finish it."

Every since taking the "Idol" title back in late May, Sparks said her life's been the very definition of hectic: She's been back home a mere three days, having just wrapped up the Idols Live Tour, and whenever she has some free time on her hands, she's been working on her album.

"My life has pretty much been airplanes, buses and hotel rooms," Sparks said, adding that even during the tour, she was writing songs for her debut. "To me, when I think of people making records, it usually takes, depending on who they are, nine months or so, maybe a year. I have a couple of months, so let's just try to get it done. Now that the 'Idol' tour's over, I don't have to balance that with finishing the record. I can just concentrate on finishing the record, and I'm working really hard on it."

Sparks said her label has largely been hands-off when it comes to her debut disc, but that the process has been very collaborative and filled with compromise. Sparks has enlisted several producers for Jordin Sparks, including production team the Underdogs (Ne-Yo, Chris Brown); Robbie Nevil (who has worked on the "High School Musical" and "Hannah Montana" soundtracks); Norwegian duo Stargate (Nas, Rihanna); Sam Watters (Diana DeGarmo, Jessica Simpson); and Eman (Nick Lachey, Katharine McPhee).

"So far, I have a whole bunch of songs I love and can't wait to perform," she said. "All of the producers are really awesome, and being in the studio with them is cool, because we can communicate. When they tell me to do something, I will try to do it — if I can't, they tell me to try it again. It's cool to see how they all work. They know exactly what they want, what they need to hear, and it's cool to get that direction."

Sparks said the album is "not complete R&B or hip-hop" — it also includes pop and country elements. "It's hard to make everything fit together," she said — something she feels she achieved on "Tattoo," the album's first single, which she co-wrote with Amanda Ghost (who penned the Beyoncé and Shakira hit "Beautiful Liar"). "I fit all of that into one song, so I hope the songs I have on the album will resonate with that. There are some slow songs, a ballad called 'Permanent Monday.' I'm just so excited."

Sparks said she's still getting used to life after "Idol" and still can't believe she won the talent contest. "It's so weird to hear I'm the 'American Idol,' " she said. "It's so weird for me. Some days, I'll just be sitting, and it will hit me: 'What in the world is going on here?' I think of how thankful I am, and how super-blessed I am to be doing this. I don't know many 17-year-olds who get to tour all summer with their best friends and make a record."

In fact, reality really hit for Sparks during a recent shopping spree, she said. "I was in the dressing room at Express, and 'Tattoo' came on," she said. "I started flipping out and screaming, and a lady came by to see if I was all right."

Of course, when the album does drop, Sparks will be busy touring and promoting the disc. But ultimately, she'd like to branch out, like season-three "Idol" finalist — and Academy Award winner — Jennifer Hudson.

"I would love to do some acting," she explained. "I did musical theater back home, and I love being on the stage and acting out. It's so cool to become a different character for a little bit, so if the opportunity comes along, I'd love to do a movie or Broadway. If I ever actually have the time, I'd love to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2583809;
    I jsut heard her single "tattoo" and find it to be just as breathy as her show performances. I thought they would have worked that out in the studio.
    I don't much care for it either, but Billboard does:

Tattoo

So many American Idols who won favor with voters because of sheer vocal potency ultimately betray that trust by entering the studio and recording music aiming to fluff up the hip factor—and in the process, hiding their gifts behind junk production and throwaway tracks. How refreshing that season six winner Jordin Sparks kick-starts her career with a genuine showcase of her beautiful voice. Midtempo melodic keeper "Tattoo," about the indelible emotions that remain after a faded relationship, is an ideal fit for a first fall hit, with crisp, mature instrumentation and a vocal that is ironically reminiscent of fellow "AI" hitmaker Kimberley Locke (a supreme compliment). A sling-shot launch that, for once, should live up to "AI" voter expectations. At this stage, the show needs that kind of cred. —Chuck Taylor

Misc. photos I've found:

Jordin and Chris R.

+ Reply to Thread