+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2427061;
    I, too, am happy that Jordin isn't a stick figure and is okay with that. Beautiful girl!
    I saw on the Ellen show yesterday that she used to do some modeling for plus size and Ellen said that there is no way that Jordin needed to be a plus size model and her size was just right how she is. I think she's beautiful also just the way she is.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2427625;
    5'10 - how many girls are that tall?!
    My best girl friend is 5'10", and I'm only 5'2". We have different, and unusual, body types, and have trouble finding clothes (the fashion industry doesn't care about us, I guess )

But we do have a laugh when we find something labeled, "One Size Fits All." Like, "Is that supposed to fit both of us?"

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2427061;
    I, too, am happy that Jordin isn't a stick figure and is okay with that. Beautiful girl!
    I'm actually curious to see if Jordin loses any weight in the future. A lot of people from previous season's have lost weight in the past (Carrie and Taylor both come to mind), and a gossip mag (can't remember who) actually ran a before-and-after comparison of quite a few.

Wal Mart is in the midst of it's annual stockholders meeting. Jordin was one of the featured performers. Click the link below to watch her sing & speak. You need to find the section that says Jordin Sparks all the way down the page on the right:

Wal-Mart Stores—2007 Shareholders' Meeting

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Sparks on Super Bowl radar
    Erin Zlomek
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 17, 2007 12:00 AM

Only two weeks after Jordin Sparks' American Idol win, rumors started swirling that the Valley teen would sing the national anthem at Super Bowl XLII in Glendale.

Jordin's management team would not confirm the rumor. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy did not rule out the possibility but said a final decision would not be made until late fall and no discussions with the 17-year-old's representation have taken place.

However, many insiders say the chances look good.

For one, Fox, which owns rights to Idol, will broadcast the Feb. 3 game.

"You could almost rule it out if it was CBS or some other network, but I'd say there is a good chance," said Ellman Cos. and Westgate City Center spokesman Jeff Hecht.

Hecht worked with a Fox legal team when Jordin performed at Westgate for Idol's homecoming episode.

McCarthy said the game's broadcasting network often suggests performers and usually has input during the artist selection process. The ultimate decision lies with the NFL, he said.

In Super Bowls past, it has not been uncommon to see local flavor on the game's entertainment menu. When the Super Bowl came to Tempe in 1996, the pregame show featured a celebration of Native American culture and Wild West traditions.

At Super Bowl XXXVIII in Houston, Houston-native Beyonce Knowles sang the national anthem. Detroit-raised Aretha Franklin sang when Super Bowl XL was played in the Motor City in 2006.

So, locals ask, why not Jordin this time around?

"It would be absolutely perfect seeing that Phillippi (Jordin's dad) played football and because the game will be held at the new stadium," Sparks family friend Stephanie Rigby said. "I almost can't think of why she wouldn't."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Interview

Jordin adjusting to fame

Erin Zlomek
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 21, 2007 12:26 PM

After a nationwide media tour that sent her from Los Angeles to New York City twice in one week, American Idol winner Jordin Sparks returned home to Glendale for some rest and relaxation earlier this month. Now back in Hollywood, Sparks is prepping for the AI summer concert tour which rolls through her hometown, stopping at Jobing.com Arena, on July 18.

For the first time since her Idol win, Sparks spoke exclusively with The Glendale Republic about criticism over her weight, her new life in the spotlight and her reunion with the other Idol contestants.

While in Arizona, Sparks hung out with friends but kept a low profile. Now back in the studio rehearsing dance steps and duets, the singer said she already misses the comforts of home.

During her interview, Sparks was quick to point out that her friendship with Idol runner-up Blake Lewis is still strong:

"I love Blake, I talk to him every day. We are totally different artists and have totally different tastes in music. I think his album is going to be more eclectic, but I can't wait to buy (it)."

Question: Since you won American Idol I know you've been superbusy. Do you find that your old friendships have been hard to maintain?

Answer: It's kind of hard, because things are not the same. I went home for a couple of days and hung out with my best friends. They were like, "What do you want to do?" and I'm like, "Go to the mall?" and then we'd look at each other and I go, "Oh yeah, I forgot, sorry." I wasn't sure how people would respond to seeing me in public.

Q: Has your management tried to push you in any direction, either stylewise or musicwise, that you've had to resist because you didn't feel that it suited you?

A: I don't think I've resisted anything yet because I'm not really sure how (my album) is going to sound . . . I'm still very open to everything. Hopefully this next week I'll have (album) songs to listen to. I definitely want it to be radio friendly, like top 40 kind of stuff.

I definitely haven't been approached to be any type of sex symbol or anything, but I think if I was asked I would have to resist. I wouldn't feel comfortable exposing my midriff. However, at the same time, I do want to be cute.

Q: I know that right now you live close to the northwest portion of Phoenix that has a Glendale mailing address. Why do you identify with Glendale more so than Phoenix?

A: I know they are two different cities, but my whole life growing up I had a Glendale address. I love Glendale. It's a cute town and it's growing and getting bigger. Where I do live, I know a lot of people who live in Glendale that are by me.

Q: Shortly after your win, I read that an obesity expert had criticized your weight and that later on, your fans had sent the critic death threats. What was your reaction to that situation?

A: The first time I heard that that had happened, it was from someone interviewing me over the phone. I had no idea, I was like, "What are you talking about?" I had no idea what to say. I turned to my mom and was like, "OK, moving on." (Laughs.) I love that my fans were so devoted.

Q: Has the attention surrounding your weight forced you to reconsider your appearance at all?

A: I expected people to talk about (my weight), it's what everyone talks about nowadays. Everybody is obsessed with weight and what they look like.

I am totally comfortable with who I am. If someone else isn't, that's OK. It's one of those things I let roll off my back.

Q: What did you do while you were home? Are there any hometown spots that you already miss?

A: When I was home, I hung out with friends but stayed around the house, within a five-mile radius. But the night before I left, I went to the Keith Urban concert (at the U.S. Airways Center ), it was so amazing. Now that I'm gone, I miss my house, I miss sleeping in my own bed.

Q: What has been the best experience as a result of winning Idol?

A: Everything coming off of it. I got to see New York City. I was on (MTV's) Total Request Live, which was so weird because that was a show I watched. And all the photo shoots and radio shoots have all been so great.

Q: How has winning the show affected your personal life? Do you have a boyfriend?

A: (Laughs). I don't have a boyfriend . . . but I never really had one before the show, so I don't really know the difference. It hasn't affected my love life. Sometimes guys ask to go out with me, but I'm like, "I don't even know you!"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Jordin is 5'10? I checked IMDb, and it listed her height as 6'0.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I was at the Keith Urban concert. Jordin sat right behind me a 4 seats down. She was mobbed. There were 2 security guards managing and monitoring the fans at all times.

I spoke to a family friend who sat right behind me and she said it's been really wild and surreal for all that know Jordin.

The entire time, as she was trying to eat her pizza slice, the mobbing occured after the Wreckers and before KU, Jordin was a sweetheart. She smiled, signed autographs and was jovial and pleasant.

She left with her Mom before the concert ended.

National Ledger - American Idol Lovin': Jordin Sparks Has a Crush on Chris Richardson?

American Idol Lovin': Jordin Sparks Has a Crush on Chris Richardson?
    By Tina Sims
    Jul 13, 2007

American Idol love affair rumors with Chris Richardson have ran the gamut from Lauren Conrad to fellow Idol season six performer Alaina Alexander. But has Chris landed the winner of American Idol? Jordin Sparks has already been linked with runner-up Blake Lewis (they both insist that they are just friends) but a report from TMZ claims that Jordin has a crush on Richardson.

AOL's celebrity web site reports on Friday that sources on the tour are kissing and telling but because Jordin is only 17, her minders and family members are doing everything they can to keep from letting anything -- or anyone! -- get in the way of the underage star's bright future.

I'm not certain that makes sense. After one of the weakest American Idol seasons in the history of the show it any side publicity like a romantic involvement or a crush with Chris and Jordin can't hurt the tour or Jordin's career in fact it would likely give everything a boost. Would a Richardson puppy love crush really hurt her career at this early stage? I Doubt it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron;2451595;
    Jordin is 5'10? I checked IMDb, and it listed her height as 6'0.
    6' isn't that bad!!! C'mon! That's how tall I am! And my husband thinks I'm short....

Actually I've read in a few places that she's 5'10". I've never been anywhere near Jordin, but just seeing how she measures up to others and paying attention to what kind of heels she is or isn't wearing, I think she probably is closer to 5'10".

+ Reply to Thread