+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

I heard her single on the radio this morning at work. I didn't really enjoy her performances on the show, but she sounds excellent recorded. Well done!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Loved this picture!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Just a reminder:

Jordin will be on the following shows:

Regis and Kelly on Tuesday, May 29th.
    Ellen on Wednesday, May 30th
    Today Show Concert Series on Thursday, May 31st (along with Blake)

i barely watched AI this season but from what I did see, I always liked Jordin when I heard her and I am happy she won.

Jordin won...big surprise? Nope. The judges always put her up on a platform and praised her. And that finale song was practically written for Jordin to sing. If a diva was to win, it should have been Melinda.
    Jordin is a good singer, but she is still young and may need a few years to come into her own. I just can't connect with her music but I am sure the young crowds will enjoy her a lot.

People Magazine

Jordin Sparks: I Like My Curves
    By Monica Rizzo

Jordin Sparks didn't just win American Idol last week – she won a lifelong battle to accept herself.

"I think it really helped boost her self-esteem and made her realize she's beautiful as she is," her grandmother, Pam Weidmann, tells PEOPLE for its new issue. Jordin's mom, Jodi, says of her daughter's May 23 victory: "It was huge to see her confidence level grow. ... She's standing taller now."

At 5'10" and size 12 by the time she was in junior high school, "I stood out everywhere," says Jordin, who use to hunch, wear oversize clothing and search in vain for her size at teen mall stores. "I'd look at my friends who were just naturally tiny, and maybe they weren't even a size 2, but they were smaller than me and that was good enough. I was like, 'Oh, why can't I look like that?' "

Jordin tried dieting every now and then, but failed because, she says, giggling, "I like food too much to do it. I would try, like, 'Hey I'm going to diet and I'll be a size 8 by the end of the summer,' but it never worked out."

One day at their local mall, Jordin and her mom came across the newly launched plus-size store Torrid. "It was like angels – 'ahhhhhhhh!' – shining down on it because it's sizes 12 and up. They have clothes for girls who aren't an average size so they can totally feel cute and flirty and still keep up with the latest trends," Jordin says, noting that being the store's smallest size was "great for my self-esteem."

In fact, just before auditioning for Idol, Jordin landed a modeling gig for Torrid. "I think it really helped boost her self-esteem and made her realize she's beautiful as she is," says her grandmother.

Her parents' attitudes also helped Jordin feel good about herself. "My mom and my dad always were saying, 'You're beautiful, Jordin,'" says the Idol winner, whose father Phillippi, 38, a former star cornerback for the New York Giants, is 5'11" (mom is 5'6").

After nailing her Idol audition, Jordin's confidence began to soar. For the first time in her life, she embraced her right to bare arms. Before the show, "I liked to wear sleeves because they would cover up my arms," she says. When the show's stylists made suggestions, "I'd go, 'This dress is way too beautiful. If I add sleeves it will ruin it.' So I just got over it."

These days, "I'm really comfortable in my own skin," Jordin says with her signature wide smile. "I learned that I'm not ever going to be a size 2. I would look so weird as a size 2. Somebody would blow and I would fall right over. It just wouldn't be healthy."

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2425486;
    Jordin Sparks didn't just win American Idol last week – she won a lifelong battle to accept herself.
    I've mentioned before that while I'm not a huge fan of her musically (though I'd put her in the top 3-4 this season) I'm really happy she's not another string bean. I heard something on the radio today about Nicole Ritchie (or was it another party girl?) having a party but guests have to be under 100 pounds. They also said it was a joke, but apparently the hostess really looks like she's starving (sorry, I can't bring myself to google it.)

Anyway I'm happy for beautiful Jordin

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2425602;
    I've mentioned before that while I'm not a huge fan of her musically (though I'd put her in the top 3-4 this season) I'm really happy she's not another string bean. I heard something on the radio today about Nicole Ritchie (or was it another party girl?) having a party but guests have to be under 100 pounds. They also said it was a joke, but apparently the hostess really looks like she's starving (sorry, I can't bring myself to google it.)

Anyway I'm happy for beautiful Jordin
    It was Nicole Ritchie....

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I, too, am happy that Jordin isn't a stick figure and is okay with that. Beautiful girl!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2425486;
    These days, "I'm really comfortable in my own skin," Jordin says with her signature wide smile. "I learned that I'm not ever going to be a size 2. I would look so weird as a size 2. Somebody would blow and I would fall right over. It just wouldn't be healthy."
    Jordin is too cute. She's such a beautiful girl! Very nice article. Oh, and I'm glad to finally find out her height. 5'10 - how many girls are that tall?! She's 6 inches taller than me. Will get myself a box to stand on if I ever meet her to take a picture
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread