+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

i love this girl..
    but this week performance..i'm worried about that......
    i wish she'll stay.......

Her performance stank, and that worries me, but as bad as it was, in many ways Timberfake, Blake, and even LaKiKi also stank. I hope enough people recognized that though.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I think she will be safe. She did fantastic last week. Plus she has a huge following. Her performance last night was terrible and she recognized it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Unfortunately, I did not care for Jordin's rendition either.

HOWEVER - have you ever seen the "great" (not my opinion) Celine Dion sing AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long? It might even be worse than Jordin's performance last night - and look how successful and revered Celine is. It's on youtube. Check it out.

FORT Fogey

She was terrible last night, and it wasn't just the genre of music. She picked a stupid, stupid song. She did the same thing in the Gwen Stefani, but managed to pull that one off. This time, not so much. I'm sorry that the judges let her off so easily writing it off to the theme of the week. This week's theme was as much if not more of an obstacle for Melinda. But rather than throwing her hands up and declaring it too hard, Melinda dove write in, figured out how to sing it, and did incredibly well. I think that the way that Jordin botched this one was the first sign we've had of her immaturity.

She was definitely the worst this week.

But I think the judges GUSHING over her last week where 70 million votes were cast will save her this week.

If she gave this performance with 4 people left, she would be gone. That's Jordin's biggest problem ... when she misses, she misses BADLY.

The Next Lost Housewives fayewong's Avatar

oh no.....i fear for her!!just because it's a double elimation.
    i don't live in the states so people do vote for her!
    hope her vote last week can save her...i fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2362682;
    She was terrible last night, and it wasn't just the genre of music. She picked a stupid, stupid song. She did the same thing in the Gwen Stefani, but managed to pull that one off. This time, not so much. I'm sorry that the judges let her off so easily writing it off to the theme of the week. This week's theme was as much if not more of an obstacle for Melinda. But rather than throwing her hands up and declaring it too hard, Melinda dove write in, figured out how to sing it, and did incredibly well. I think that the way that Jordin botched this one was the first sign we've had of her immaturity.
    I completely aggree. She picked the wrong song, and she was all over the place with her singing and her moves. Plus, I personally don't like that she tried to reply to everything the judges said. Even though she wasn't arguing, and she actually aggreed with them, she was a little annoying for my taste. Just sing and then when they critique, thank them and off you go. Jordin has been my favorite all along but after Gwen's week and this week, I am not so sure...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic;2362697;
    If she gave this performance with 4 people left, she would be gone.
    Doubtful. Once you build a fanbase, you basically earn a free pass for at least one stinker of a performance. They'll rally around you to save you. Were this not the case, Carrie Underwood would be deciding whether to feed the pigs or the sheep first this afternoon, rather than deciding what to wear to her next sold-out concert. Her "If You Don't Know Me By Now" was about as horrid as Jordin's "Livin' On A Prayer," but her fans (who hadn't been tested all season up to then) easily bailed her out of trouble.

Unfortunately for Jordin, she spent her pass on a week in which she really didn't need it. That's provided that the conventional wisdom is true and she was in the lead after last week's voting. If she sings two songs well next week, her fans will exhale and write off "Prayer" as an aberration.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic;2362697;
    She was definitely the worst this week.

But I think the judges GUSHING over her last week where 70 million votes were cast will save her this week.

If she gave this performance with 4 people left, she would be gone. That's Jordin's biggest problem ... when she misses, she misses BADLY.
    How many times in the six seasons of Idol has a contestant with a huge fan base left because of 1 bad performance? I'd say never. I'd also like to know what other time she missed badly. She hasn't always been great but last night was the only time I thought she she was bad. I think last night showed what experience can do for you. Melinda took a song that she was uncomfortable with and knew how to make it work, Jordan panicked. And let me add that she deserved every single bit of Gushing that the judges gave her last week.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread