+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Jordin's vocals on "Broken Wing" were very good, minus a few notes here and there. While I was watching, however, I didn't feel a real emotional connection... it felt kind of mechanical to me. I think she should make it to the final three, but I didn't think this performance was as amazing as many obviously think. I personally preferred "I Who Have Nothing" to this.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2337648;
    Jordin's vocals on "Broken Wing" were very good, minus a few notes here and there. While I was watching, however, I didn't feel a real emotional connection... it felt kind of mechanical to me. I think she should make it to the final three, but I didn't think this performance was as amazing as many obviously think. I personally preferred "I Who Have Nothing" to this.
    She's 17 so I don't know that she would have alot of emotional connection to some of these songs but she did have a great performance last night....I'm like you though, Blues Songstress, I thought her better performance was "I Who Have Nothing"!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2337677;
    She's 17 so I don't know that she would have alot of emotional connection to some of these songs but she did have a great performance last night....I'm like you though, Blues Songstress, I thought her better performance was "I Who Have Nothing"!
    I understand that her age and experience would affect her emotional connection to a song, so I'm not really faulting that. But didn't you think she had an incredible emotional connection in her "I Who Have Nothing" performance? That well of emotion is there with Jordin; she just didn't seem to tap into it as well with "Broken Wing". Could be a disconnect with the subject matter of the song.

That all being said, I think Jordin is a tremendous talent. It would be crazy if she didn't go places with it.

I'm still hoping Jordin is the Final 1. She has a beautiful voice, and really looks nice on stage. I started out this show liking Melnda, but I have grown sort of "bored" with her. I feel Jordin can sing every bit as well, and better songs.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by lil_romane;2332742;
    She's This Season's Kimberly Locke
    And after her 'Broken Wing' performance she's even got the look down pat! I actually did a double take at first because she really looked like the new pics of Kimberly from Celeb Fit Club with a darker hair color.

FORT Newbie

Jordin seems to have her head on her shoulders for a 17-year-old. Hope she makes it to the finals. She would make a great AI winner. Melinda doesn't need the AI title to do well.

Nicole Linkletter - Renee england88533's Avatar

I do think she will win. Although Melinda is the better singer........Jordin fits in to the American Idol better. I love both girls though and hope they are the top 2

FORT Fanatic

I just don't get the whole Melinda phenom. While I agree she can sing - she just simply irritates me. Jordin - simply put - is a star in the making. I prefer the sound of her voice to any of this year's female contestants. She just has such a pretty voice - yet it is strong too. Melinda and Lakisha sound the same in every song to me. They just belt it out. Jordin has these little nuances about her. Also she is so beautiful. I think she has the entire package going on.

Chris Richardson has been my favourite, but to me it is obvious he won't last much longer. I'm rooting for Jordin now.

LOve Love LOVEEEEEe her.
    bring janice back. now.

Does anyone know where i can get the videos of her performances with the judges comments??
    bring janice back. now.

+ Reply to Thread