+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2331195;
    I'd be VERY happy with a Jordin/Blake finale.
    That's what I'm hoping for

Jordin's performance tonight moved me. I loved her voice for most of the song...I thought it was amazing personally

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2336378;
    Well IMO that is definitely NOT a bad thing at all....I thought Jordin did a exceptional job with "Concrete Angel"....I love how she can seem so worldly and adult when she's singing and then when she's through...she turns back into a typical giggly, smiling, happy 17 year old...it never fails to make me smile!
    All those spoiler songs were in the words of Bob Ueker..."Just a bit outside". I thought Jordin did justice to Broken WIng, but I still prefer Diana Degarmo's version.

I have mentioned this in another thread, but I'll do it again. Last June during CMA Music Fest Martina did Broken Wing. And during the whole 4 days of the Festival, no one even got close to the reception that this performance got. 50,000 fans stood & would not quit cheering. It was an absolutely stunning vocal performance. The reaction actually brought Martina to tears. Just listen to her tonight when she sings Anyway, she will certainly give all the coaches before her a lesson in vocalisiation. Diana Ross should watch to get a refresher.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm sorry...I meant "Broken Wing" in my post and not "Concrete Angel"....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

After her performance last night, she has moved to my #1 slot. She was absolutely fantastic and I really think she could win this if she continues doing exactly what she is doing
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2336665;
    After her performance last night, she has moved to my #1 slot. She was absolutely fantastic and I really think she could win this if she continues doing exactly what she is doing
    I was coming here to post these exact thoughts!

Jordin is the girl to beat!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2336665;
    What took you so long???

I've thought this very same thing for quite a while, now. Jordin has a gorgeous voice. I hope she continues doing what she's doing, because it's working.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2336783;
    What took you so long???

I always liked her, but Melinda was my #1 pick, but WOW....this girl just continues to amaze me every week. I really hope that she is in the finale. She definitely deserves to be there
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Another brilliant performance by Jordin: Incredible vocal range, beautiful tone and heartfelt emotion.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Jordin just seems to get better and better all the time. She's probably learning a lot and correctly applying it to her performances and song choices. I sure hope she at least makes the top 3! Jordin and Blake would be my choices for top 2, but it would be hard to believe that Melinda won't be there.

A friend of mine said her husband is a big country fan, and didn't think much of Jordin until last night - now he's a fan. He said he preferred Jordin's version of the song over Martina's.

+ Reply to Thread