+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2328348;
    Well then prepare yourself, because I'm going to point out the number of pages devoted to Jordin (12)and suggest you look at how many pages Sanjaya has (66) and Melinda (39).
    But how many of those posts in the Sanjaya thread are voicing disdain for him and how many are in actual support? Being popular is not necessarily always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2328348;
    Well then prepare yourself, because I'm going to point out the number of pages devoted to Jordin (12)and suggest you look at how many pages Sanjaya has (66) and Melinda (39).
    Alot of the Melinda posts are discussing her neck, or lack thereof.

I see a Jordin / Blake final 2.

FORT Fogey

I don't think the majority of Jordin's fans are internet-based. On that sight that shall not be named, she's also near the bottom, but in reality, she never is.

So perhaps by the time the show started — after Blake snuck a pre-show run along the stage with his camcorder pointed at the audience — my eardrums were a bit warped, but from Sec. F, Row 4, Seat 6, the split between who came off good live and who works great on camera only deepened. Sure she was more low-key this time out, but Mindy Doo's ease with an audience was crystal clear yet again from the first note; she simply knows how to connect with a room, to open herself to the back row so everyone can participate in the fun she's having on stage. (Clearly Simon disagreed; he was over talking with Randy before Mindy Doo'd finished the first verse, and as we happily cheered at the end, he flashed us all a look that was pure "what are these people on?!" disgust.) By contrast, Jordin Sparks, a favorite of Randy, Slezak and my mom, yet again left the audience a bit cold; to put it bluntly, the cheers were louder for frakkin' Haley than they were for Jordin.
    This come from a blog on EW. EW Blog I posted the full blog on the media thread.

I was beggining to wonder if I was the only one who was left completely cold by some of Jodin's performances. I think she has the looks, is personable, and is beyond her years in technical abilities. But I'm frequently bored to death by her performances. I had to fast forward through the last performance. (The only performance I had to do that with) Maybe it's her age, or she's singing in a way that's intended to impress the judges, or she is so focused on technique that she doesn't try to engage everyone else. She may not get as far as everyone thought she would.

Well I don't think the cheering counts for so much that you can use it to rate how popular a contestant is. People could've been cheering for Haley's legs for all you know. Jordin could've left them astounded. That's what she did when she sang "I Who Have Nothing" a couple of weeks back.
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2328436;
    Alot of the Melinda posts are discussing her neck, or lack thereof.

I see a Jordin / Blake final 2.
    Yep, me too. And number of pages is no indicator of votes. That's ridic.

I'd be VERY happy with a Jordin/Blake finale.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

She's This Season's Kimberly Locke

Jordin is gifted. She has so much control that she makes scaling the octaves look effortless. And, unlike so many contestants, she knows how to convey the emotion of a song in depth. She is the finest over-all vocalist I've ever heard on AI.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by lil_romane;2332742;
    She's This Season's Kimberly Locke
    Well IMO that is definitely NOT a bad thing at all....I thought Jordin did a exceptional job with "Concrete Angel"....I love how she can seem so worldly and adult when she's singing and then when she's through...she turns back into a typical giggly, smiling, happy 17 year old...it never fails to make me smile!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread