+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3217892;
    Verrry interesting article...and he doesn't hold nothing back (which is refreshing!) I wish him luck...he was the only reason my son wanted to go see the tour that year!
    That would have been the ONLY reason I would have wanted to see the tour had I went, but I didn't go. I was a BIG Beatboxin' Blake fan!! That season was the beginning of the American Idol slump imo - seriously, that season was SLOW... A yawner! I'm not sure that TPTB at Idol can continue to try and make this show as "refreshing" as it was once upon a time. Chris Daughtry getting axed (TOO SOON) hurt this show imo and it's never quite recovered, however Chris has recovered quite well.
    I hope (fingers crossed) to have some amazing pics of Chris to share soon...
    It's all up to my Finny! He's working on a meeting!

In the meantime... Keep pluggin' Blake... you always got me off the chair!!!

Blake Lewis to Release Dance-Pop Album
    July 1, 2009

Blake Lewis wants you to dance!

American Idol’s season 6 runner-up will release his second album, Heartbreak on Vinyl, on Oct. 6 via Tommy Boy Entertainment. Shifting from pop-rock to dance-pop, Lewis says his new album, “the culmination of over 10 years in the dance scene,” will be “filled with electro pop goodness with melodies I cherish.”

Currently in the studio finishing the record, Lewis called on producers Rodney Jerkins (who’s worked with Britney Spears and Lady Gaga) and Dave Aude (who’s worked with the Pussycat Dolls) to craft his new high-energy sound.

“The music in the dance scene gets me out onto the dance floor to lose my inhibition,” Lewis says of the inspiration behind his new project. “The title is an ode to all the record stores that have been closing down due to my industry eating itself. These are the stores that brought inspiration to all of us music lovers and have led me to make the music I create today.”

Check back to PEOPLE.com on July 21 for an exclusive first listen of Lewis’s new single “Sad Song.”
    Link

Thanks for posting that Lobeck! I did not watch his season but I saw him on Idol Extra and thought he was really great. So I got his A.D.D. album and totally LOVED it. I listen to it in the car ALL the time. I especially like Gots to Get Her and Break Anotha. I'm really looking forward to his new album. I'm so excited
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Blake is doing an Idol column for USA Today. He was not altogether impressed with the ladies last night, though he has some favorites going in to the competition.

FORT Fogey

Interesting that he got this gig with USA TODAY. I thought of him when I saw the beat boxer this season and wondered what he has been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3838536;
    Blake is doing an Idol column for USA Today. He was not altogether impressed with the ladies last night, though he has some favorites going in to the competition.
    Yeah, well his opinion means nothing to me. Just look at the style of music he performs which in my opinion is garbage.

^^
    I agree with him.

And by him, I mean Blake Lewis.

+ Reply to Thread