+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

Blake is very professional, which will propel him into the final 5--along with Chris Slythe.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2250119;
    I thought he was pretty good. I also was upset at Randy for asking him to bring the beatbox. I think he did great not to and you just know that after a couple of times of him using the beatbox, Randy would have been on his case. Like Blake said, this is a singing competition.
    I have a question - isn't Blake the beatbox? I mean, he's making those noises with his voice, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2250211;
    I have a question - isn't Blake the beatbox? I mean, he's making those noises with his voice, right?
    Yes, you are correct. It is all Blake making those noises.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    He was one of my favorites out of the group of guys--he stood out more. He was entertaining, I never got bored when he was performing. He is very theatrical; which may hurt him in this contest.

I think he was hands-down the best of the night. I am so glad he did not do the beat-boxing thing, and I really hope he does not take Randy's advice. Save the beat-boxing for the group performances on the elimination shows, but not on the actual performances that are being voted on.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Surprise, Surprise, he can sing. And what an interesting voice he has, too. I loved his song choice, and I think this guy is smart as all get out for just sitting there and singing the song without the theatrics or going over-the-top with more beatboxing. He knew he needed to wow the audience with vocal talent alone, since he'd already grabbed our attention with the novelty.

I definitely agree with the posts above that hope he keeps the beatboxing to a minumum - that way it will maintain the most impact and impress us/the judges all the more for not being overused.

I am really looking forward to see what he can do next week!

FORT Fogey
    He's still my favorite!

FORT Fogey
    He was my favorite last night as well. There is something about his sound that reminded me of Morrisey.

I agree with all of you here... one of the best performance last night, hope he get a spot on the top 12

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    What a cutie And he can sing too!

+ Reply to Thread