+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 717

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

  1. #511
    FORT Regular Corcovado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    I really don't get why everyone seems to love this guy. His beatboxing is annoying & cheesy, his arrangements of the songs are almost always awful, there is nothing "modern" about him at all - EVERYTHING about this guy screams 80s, Duran Duran reject.

    And he is NOT cute. He has no lips at all.

  2. #512
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,841

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corcovado;2389784;
    I really don't get why everyone seems to love this guy. His beatboxing is annoying & cheesy, his arrangements of the songs are almost always awful, there is nothing "modern" about him at all - EVERYTHING about this guy screams 80s, Duran Duran reject.

    And he is NOT cute. He has no lips at all.
    That's you opinion... because all his fans love him and think the EXACT OPPOSITE.

  3. #513
    Add another "r" Nrmrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    144

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corcovado;2389784;
    I really don't get why everyone seems to love this guy. His beatboxing is annoying & cheesy, his arrangements of the songs are almost always awful, there is nothing "modern" about him at all - EVERYTHING about this guy screams 80s, Duran Duran reject.

    And he is NOT cute. He has no lips at all.
    I like him. He is the only one I can imagine singing on the radio today. The others sound so old fashioned to me.

  4. #514
    "Sweet Mama" Mutnodjmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    64

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    I loved Duran Duran. I love Blake. I am doing finger exercises so I can be ready to mega-dial the next night of voting, in hopes of retaining this unique, original, and attractive talent onto the final round.

    I am praying for a Jordin/Blake finale, as Melinda is tedious (in my opinion).

  5. #515
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    I've said it before, I'll say it again. People have different tastes. If you don't care for him, Corcavado, it's your opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong. As popular as Elvis and the Beatles were (and still are), not everyone cared for them. It's OK! Oh, and in case anyone thinks I'm comparing Blake to Elvis or the Beatles, I'm not. Just trying to make a point.

    Mutnodjumet, just make sure not to overdo your exercises. You don't want to wear yourself out before the big race!

  6. #516
    FORT Fanatic calamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    638

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    I was just on youtube and I was rewatching some of Blake's performances and I was really blown away by so many of them
    Yeah, I was doing this today and realized that I'd be fine with hearing any of Blake's performances again (and droolingly enthusiastic about half of them)... but I'd probably have to go fold laundry if Melinda and Jordin are reprising stuff we've already heard. They both sing well, but their contribution to "making it their own" is largely to make sure that the arrangement shows off their ability to hit big notes. Good move, smart thinking, but I don't go for that, so... NEXT!

    Blake's remixes re-imagine the song, which is a beast of a different color (presumably argyle).

    ...I just watched "I Need to Know," which I hadn't loved at the time... taken away from the context of that horrible week, it's hot.

    /posting largely to avoid running around beeping "Blake blake blake blake blake" until the show comes on tonight.

  7. #517
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    There are people who don't like Elvis or the Beatles? Really? Nah, I'm sure there are, somewhere. Reminds me of the episode of Friends where Phoebe was trying to bond with her biological mom that she'd just met (Teri Garr, I think) and they realized that they both liked the Beatles. To them, it was a huge coindence - something to build on. Which was why it was funny, because pretty much everyone likes the Beatles. Blake is not the Beatles. I'm sure he'll have fans. Much more fans than he would have had if he didn't have the exposure that the show has given him. I won't be rushing out to buy an album. Of course I think the only Idols I would bother to buy would likely be Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry, and even them, I haven't bothered to buy anything yet (I'm cheap).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  8. #518
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2392189;
    There are people who don't like Elvis or the Beatles? Really? Nah, I'm sure there are, somewhere. Reminds me of the episode of Friends where Phoebe was trying to bond with her biological mom that she'd just met (Teri Garr, I think) and they realized that they both liked the Beatles. To them, it was a huge coindence - something to build on. Which was why it was funny, because pretty much everyone likes the Beatles. Blake is not the Beatles. I'm sure he'll have fans. Much more fans than he would have had if he didn't have the exposure that the show has given him. I won't be rushing out to buy an album. Of course I think the only Idols I would bother to buy would likely be Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry, and even them, I haven't bothered to buy anything yet (I'm cheap).
    They both liked puppies, too! Good show.

  9. #519
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2392145;
    Yeah, I was doing this today and realized that I'd be fine with hearing any of Blake's performances again (and droolingly enthusiastic about half of them)... but I'd probably have to go fold laundry if Melinda and Jordin are reprising stuff we've already heard. They both sing well, but their contribution to "making it their own" is largely to make sure that the arrangement shows off their ability to hit big notes. Good move, smart thinking, but I don't go for that, so... NEXT!
    I was just commenting to my husband tonight that one thing I really like about Melinda's performances is that she doesn't go for the gratuitous glory notes like so many of the singers do. When she does go for the big note, it really is called for.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09


  10. #520
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,841

    Re: Blake Lewis - Season 6

    I thought Blake sounded Amazing tonight. I swear his second song was something I thought was off teh radio... sounded just like it! His third was so geared towards his fans, amkes me wonder if he is appealing to his fans rather then the audience so they buy his CD's since he knows he cannot win!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.