+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

I'm a big Keane fan so I loved his song choice last night.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I was pleasantly surprised by Blake last night. There is more to him than just the beatboxing gimmick. Hopefully he'll be around for a while.

OKay, I am now on his little bandwagon. He does have the novelty of being an excellent beatboxer (is that even a word?), but his voice and energy are both very good. I am getting a good vibe from him!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls;2249981;
    OKay, I am now on his little bandwagon. He does have the novelty of being an excellent beatboxer (is that even a word?), but his voice and energy are both very good. I am getting a good vibe from him!
    Well, save a spot for me. I am SO on that bandwagon. I think he's awesome. He can sing well. He ain't too hard on the eyes. He has other musical abilities. Go Blake.

I voted for him 5 times last night. I know that's not much. But I'm not a teenager, so I don't have the energy they do. And it's 5 more than I gave anyone else. Though, I did like Phil Stacey.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I was pleasantly surprised by Blake last night. But, I hope he doesn't take Randy's advice & bring the beatbox thing into every performance. I think that was misguided at best.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2250020;
    I was pleasantly surprised by Blake last night. But, I hope he doesn't take Randy's advice & bring the beatbox thing into every performance. I think that was misguided at best.
    Yeah, I was like screaming at the TV at Randy, NOOOO!!! I love his beatboxing, but it will just hurt him so much if he does beatbox again. I loved his performance last night.

I love this guy! He's a well-rounded performer, has a great personality and very easy on the eyes! I see him going very far in this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    I think Blake's da bomb so far too! IMO, he's the most unique and most versatile. I'll bet he does well with the different genres. He's smart to hold back on the beat-boxing. It's very good, but he needs to appeal to the masses to stay in the show, if not win the whole thing.

I'm not familiar with Keane or that song he sang. I'd love to hear him sing a Sting song.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls;2249981;
    I'm right there with you Lolls, but I've been there since I first saw him. Something about him just grabbed me. I love the fact that he didn't do the beatboxing thing last night and showed that he could really sing. I hope he eventually pulls it back out of the closet.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought he was pretty good. I also was upset at Randy for asking him to bring the beatbox. I think he did great not to and you just know that after a couple of times of him using the beatbox, Randy would have been on his case. Like Blake said, this is a singing competition.

+ Reply to Thread