+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

I do not like this guy. I think the only thing he's good at is beatboxing, which I think is annoying. Maybe I'll change my mind.

I am absolutely loving this guy!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Our family frequently talks about AI. I am from the Seattle area and just got this email from my sister in law.

That Blake guy is actually from Bothell. He went to (nieces name) Junior High and High school.
    He just came to visit (nieces name) school to talk with their choir, and also went to the choir concert and did an extended version of that beat boxing thing for them, small world...

Very cool!

Edited to remove my nieces name.
    Last edited by talldede; 02-16-2007 at 08:40 AM.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Travisio;2243265;
    I do not like this guy. I think the only thing he's good at is beatboxing, which I think is annoying. Maybe I'll change my mind.
    While I agree that the beatboxing is a novelty at the moment, one that makes him memorable to viewers (doesn't really matter if it's favorable or not at this point) I have to say that I think he must have a decent voice for the judges to put him through. (Huh, did I really just type that? The judges knowing talent when they see it? ) We don't really know, because they haven't shown much of him actually singing, but I just think he's got more going on than the beatboxing thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

We have yet to see him really sing a full song without the beatboxing, he'll have to sing a song without beatboxing or I feel he won't advance.

I agree that the beatboxing thing can/will only take him so far. How much actual singing have we heard from him?

My guess is that he'll probably make the Top 12. How far he goes after that will depend IMO on how good his actual singing is.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=A11Y7;2242717and I was grinning all night yesterday when he was doing his beatboxing (sp?) in the groups. [/QUOTE]

So was I. I was like "Holy S*!t...they could be the next boy band" They sounded great together and their little routine was awesome. But, Blake was my favorite from the group.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;2243695;
    I agree that the beatboxing thing can/will only take him so far. How much actual singing have we heard from him?

Hi Lobeck....good to see you back in the AI thread. To be honest....how much singing have we heard from most of the ones they put through??
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I totally loving this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2243729;
    Hi Lobeck....good to see you back in the AI thread. To be honest....how much singing have we heard from most of the ones they put through??

Heya, CC! You know I couldn't be kept away from the AI discussion(s)!

Anyway, you have a good point. I guess my point was that everytime we've seen him on screen, he's been beatboxing for 99% of the time. At least it seems like it, anyway. I'd like to hear more of him actually singing...

+ Reply to Thread