+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

FORT Fogey
    I'm not a professional beat-boxer, but from my layman's perspective, Blake is very good.

What I like most is his ability to mix it into his songs so flawlessly. I watched the videos of the original artists (who are all phenomenal), and Blake did not copy cat them - contrary to what Simon said. Blake really does have his own style which he brings to these songs.

I love this kid. He'll have a job in music the rest of his life - either as a performer or a producer or mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2272138;
    I'm not a professional beat-boxer, but from my layman's perspective, Blake is very good.

What I like most is his ability to mix it into his songs so flawlessly. I watched the videos of the original artists (who are all phenomenal), and Blake did not copy cat them - contrary to what Simon said. Blake really does have his own style which he brings to these songs.

I love this kid. He'll have a job in music the rest of his life - either as a performer or a producer or mixer.
    Wait till they get to Country night & he does some beat box to George Straitt or Alan Jackson. Yee Haw.

I REALLY like this guy. He seems like such a nice guy and he is so multi-talented. I really hope he makes it far in the competition.

I like Blake, too! I think he's unique in a good way..just different enough to set him apart, and yet he still has a great voice.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Soul;2268995;
    Blake is freaking awesome. I definitely think he's the most entertaining contestant this season (since Rachel Zevita and Sean Michel didn't make the top 24 ). Chris Daughtry will always be number one for me, but Blake sure is spicing up what otherwise would be a totally dull season. I love his vocals and style. And of course, his beatboxing! He is so fun to watch. His performances are the only reason I'm tuning into American Idol.
    We liked the same people who didn't get in!! Although I sisn't get into Chris last season. Do love Blake now! Totally rooting for him

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    not the biggest fan of this kid. my friends and family adore him, but i find his performances to be gimmicky and his voice to be sort of bland. it might be that i don't like his look or the sound he's bringing to the stage. it's original for idol, but sort of a flavor-of-the-month deal if we're talking long term in the music industry. he'll get lost amidst the james blunts, natasha beddingfields and other one-hit wonder-esque pop stars of today

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Top 12 party pics...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, so he looks stupid with his tongue hanging out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    Blake Lewis
    'American Idol' Finalist
    Hometown: Bothell, WA
    Grade: B

For better or worse Blake is bringing white-boy beat boxing back to the masses – one week at a time – years after Justin Timberlake tried, to no avail. The judges unevenly split on the vocal pyrotechnics (Randy/Paula pro, Simon con) but all agree that they like the kid's voice, however milquetoast. His near-exact take on Keane was as good as any impressionist, which doesn't negate his all-important likeability, and the audience eats him up alive. I'm not convinced of it all, but next to Chris Sligh's teddy-bear persona, he has the most universal appeal of the bunch. Top 5, for sure.

Idol Report Card - Yahoo! TV

FORT Fogey
    Were the two guys in the audience the other day his brothers? They were gorgeous whoever they were.

+ Reply to Thread