+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Lewis - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2259251;
    When I first heard Blake doing his beatbox, and singing, I immediately thought of Rockapella---and I realize that I'm probably am the only person who knows who that group is.
    No, you're not!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    The Boyfriend has a man-crush (is that allowed? ummmm... ) on Blake. It is so hilarious, he and my oldest daughter were on the edge of their seats, shushing everyone else in the room so they could focus on the talent. Then he had to download the orig so we could compare.

And to think, he didn't even want to watch a show like American Idol. Pfft.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2259500;
    The Boyfriend has a man-crush (is that allowed? ummmm... ) on Blake. It is so hilarious, he and my oldest daughter were on the edge of their seats, shushing everyone else in the room so they could focus on the talent. Then he had to download the orig so we could compare.

And to think, he didn't even want to watch a show like American Idol. Pfft.
    Oh boyfriend is not going to like you if he finds out you told your FoRT family he has a man crush (although, I can't say I blame him)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I really like him. My 7 year old son also picked him as the one we are supposed to root for together to go all the way. A smart boy.

Isn't what he did more like scatting than beatboxing, though?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;2259567;

I think I heard Paula saying something to that effect to Simon last night. I thought it was scatting too, but everyone says that it was beatboxing

ETA: kyrjar, you have a smart son.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    I like Blake too. He's so unique and fresh. It blows my mind that the judges aren't as wowed. I thought they wanted originality? Or is he not as original as I think?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2259642;
    I like Blake too. He's so unique and fresh. It blows my mind that the judges aren't as wowed. I thought they wanted originality? Or is he not as original as I think?
    IMHO, the judges aren't "wowed" because he does not fit the mold of who they want to be the American Idol this year.

I personally think Blake is the most original and most talented in this competition. We will see how the girls do tonight, but so far, he is the only one to have given two amazing performances!

I am definitely on the Blake bandwagon!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2259645;
    IMHO, the judges aren't "wowed" because he does not fit the mold of who they want to be the American Idol this year.

I personally think Blake is the most original and most talented in this competition. We will see how the girls do tonight, but so far, he is the only one to have given two amazing performances!

I am definitely on the Blake bandwagon!!
    I thought he was very entertaining last night and I thought he was pretty good last week, but I don't think he's sensational. Still has something to prove for me.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    Actually, I think Simon was spot on in his critique. If you're familiar with the original, the 1st part was nothing special, just an okay Jamiroquai cover, but he did his own thing later and it was great. I still love him though.

I thought he did a mixture of both. It sounded like beatboxing at the beginning, but then it sounded like scatting toward the end. Whatever it was, I enjoyed it. He's definitely my favorite male contestant.

+ Reply to Thread