+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: A.I. Media Articles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Could you imagine Nirvana night?? What the hell would they sing? I am not a Nirvana fan so maybe there's some songs out there I'm not aware of that they could sing that would be decent.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Here's an article about Anthony Federov joining the Fantastics on Broadway.

http://www.mrsjonesonidol.com/fastlanes/feb0807.html

Yeah Anthony!

Here's most of the article:

The producers of the new production of THE FANTASTICKS, the world’s longest running musical, are proud to announce that “American Idol” Top-Four Finalist, Anthony Fedorov, will step into the role of “Matt” on Tuesday, May 1, 2007.
    Anthony Fedorov was a Top-Four Finalist in season four of “American Idol.” During the 2005 American Idol Summer Tour, Anthony played in 44 cities to over a half-million people. He recently appeared as a celebrity judge in “MTV’s Little Talent Show Triple Threat” and as a celebrity contestant on Fox’s “Fear Factor.” Anthony continues to tour and perform live. He is currently working on solo material with some of music’s most successful songwriters. Since the loss of his brother, Denis, he has become a devoted advocate for the Sarcoma Foundation of America, raising awareness of the disease and helping drive the organization’s fundraising efforts to find a cure.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2233956;
    Could you imagine Nirvana night?? What the hell would they sing? I am not a Nirvana fan so maybe there's some songs out there I'm not aware of that they could sing that would be decent.
    About a Girl, Pennyroyal Tea, Come As You Are just for a start. That's what I loved about Rock Star Supernova -- better songs.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2234555;
    About a Girl, Pennyroyal Tea, Come As You Are just for a start. That's what I loved about Rock Star Supernova -- better songs.
    Sure they're better songs if you're into rock.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2233956;
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2234555;
    Better than Alone, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Take Me To The Pilot, Broken Wing, Whippin Post? Nope don't think so.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's not so much whether the songs are good or not (which is a debate that could go on forever), it's whether they suit the people signing them. On that mark, I'm far from convinced this would work.

This article seems to remove the Nirvana/Courtney Love night rumors.

Nigel Lythgoe's comments on Hollywood shows,etc.
    ______________________________ __________
    2/8: Nigel Lythgoe's comments
    Permalink By: Rodney Ho | 3:14PM EST, February 8, 2007

“American Idol,” helping feed the media beast (which includes me), held a print phone press conference today with executive producer Nigel Lythgoe (You might recognize him as a judge on “So You Think You Can Dance”). He’s usually quite candid and informative and he didn’t disappoint. I asked him why the show chose to add an extra audition episode and reduce the Hollywood portion effectively to one episode instead of two.

In other words, next Tuesday “Idol” will trim 172 down to 40 in just 42 minutes (minus ads.). That’s not a lot of time. Then, Wednesday’s episode will include the elevator up to the room where the 40 contestants walk seemingly forever to sit in a chair before Simon, Randy and Paula to find out if they make the final 24 cut. (As a TV show, this is far more effective than emailling them the results.).

Anyway, Lythgoe gave me what seemed to be a perfectly honest answer: “There wasn’t that much that occurred in Hollywood to warrant two episodes. We often stretch it out already. This year, hte audition episodes were so strong. We wanted to introduce to America more of the contestants that are going to Hollywood.”

He also explained how he’d like to bring back some former “Idol” contestants. Pick 10 songs from the open songwriting contest and have those ex-finalists come in and sing particular songs. Then have America vote for their favorites. He mentioned how great it would be see Constantine or Ace or Tamyra back on primetime TV that way. It’d be a way for Fox to get an extra hour of “Idol”-juiced revenues and it would be kind of cool to boot for us “Idol” addicts.

As for the Courtney Love rumors, he said he was amused that she was latching on to the show that way. (She had claimed she had heard from Nigel, inquiring about her becoming a guest judge. She later said she might have been “punk’d.”). And he denied that she was called to guest on a Nirvana themed Idol show. “Rubbish,” he said, noting that it would be ridiculous to see a Kellie Pickler sing a Nirvana song, for instance.
    He said he has a personal favorite this year, a woman, but he wouldn’t identify who that is because it would cause problems naturally with the other contestants. He said his favorite last year was Chris Daughtry. He also felt this is a wide-open field and it’s impossible to predict a Fantasia or Carrie-type leader at this stage.

And he of course denied that the judges were any meaner this year than any other year. And I agree with that. In retrospect, only the first stretched-out two hour episode seemed to luxuriate over a few of the really bad singers and the one example folks liked to bring up were Bush Baby and the Special Olympics kid, who are now Jimmy Kimmel’s buddies. The one-hour eps were more like last year’s, a mix of bad and good but nothing too different.

Nigel also said that he had nothing to do with Akron Watson (Mr. Pot Bust) from the San Antonio auditions being “disinvited” to the Hollywood rounds. He said that was a decison of Fox and he didn’t know exactly why Akron or others may have been cut. Plus. he said he doesn’t take that into account when editing the audition episodes. Akron was interesting so he stayed in. The only thing that might make him deliberately cut someone from a show after the fact is if that person was found to be a murderer or something. I get a sense “Idol” and Fox will let a pot bust from years ago slide (see Bo Bice) if the person owns up to it but if the person doesn’t reveal their past misdemeanors or felonies, then they’re toast.

In the end, we got to see auditions from about 50 of the 172 contestants who went to Hollywood. I bet of those 50, at least half will make it to the final 40 and we will have seen at least 16 of the final 24.

http://www.myajc.com/idolblog

Leo
    Premium Member
    “There wasn’t that much that occurred in Hollywood to warrant two episodes. We often stretch it out already. This year, hte audition episodes were so strong. We wanted to introduce to America more of the contestants that are going to Hollywood.”
    Say what? Nigel didn't really say that, did he? The only thing strong about this year's audition episodes is how strongly irritating they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2235225;
    Say what? Nigel didn't really say that, did he? The only thing strong about this year's audition episodes is how strongly irritating they are.
    I'm with you there Leo. How can he say we were introduced to more of the contestants that went to Hollywood when for example in L.A. they only showed 3 out of the 40 that made it to Hollywood. HOGwash I say.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread