+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374

Thread: A.I. Media Articles

Re: A.I. Media Articles

Funny, er, "review" from a dude who apparently thinks of concerts much the same way other people think of value bulk sales at Costco. It's barely worth commenting on but here goes anyway because I'm bored at the moment. I saw Adam's show twice already and it's worth not only every penny I paid for my ticket but way more. People pay twice as much every day to hear horrible acts who lipsynch or use autotune. So to hear Adam's incredible, powerful, almost superhuman voice, singing LIVE in a packed 4,000 person venue - or 8,000 or 2,000 - is simply amazing and not to be missed. People have lined up in some cases for 24 hours in advance (the case for his NYC shows) to see his sold out dates all over the country. His tour is going international in the fall to Europe, Asia and Australia where his singles have all been hits and where most AI people (except for Kelly and Jordin) are completely unknown or haven't been able to find any success or recognition. It's a well rounded, cohesive, vocally stunning and visually great show that any performer, let alone AI alum, would weep tears of joy to be able to pull off. What American Idol did for Adam was put his name out there, which was a good thing, the rest is all him and he works hard for his success.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3955560;
    Funny, er, "review" from a dude who apparently thinks of concerts much the same way other people think of value bulk sales at Costco. It's barely worth commenting on but here goes anyway because I'm bored at the moment. I saw Adam's show twice already and it's worth not only every penny I paid for my ticket but way more. People pay twice as much every day to hear horrible acts who lipsynch or use autotune. So to hear Adam's incredible, powerful, almost superhuman voice, singing LIVE in a packed 4,000 person venue - or 8,000 or 2,000 - is simply amazing and not to be missed. People have lined up in some cases for 24 hours in advance (the case for his NYC shows) to see his sold out dates all over the country. His tour is going international in the fall to Europe, Asia and Australia where his singles have all been hits and where most AI people (except for Kelly and Jordin) are completely unknown or haven't been able to find any success or recognition. It's a well rounded, cohesive, vocally stunning and visually great show that any performer, let alone AI alum, would weep tears of joy to be able to pull off. What American Idol did for Adam was put his name out there, which was a good thing, the rest is all him and he works hard for his success.
    As evidence of Adam's success in Asia, on Facebook today, I saw a friend from India (who currently lives in Singapore) talking to someone about her iPod playlist, and Adam was there along with a bunch of well-known names.

That guy does sound like he's buying music by the pound.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

A few Emmy nominations for AI this year

Emmy Nominations for American Idol - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

July 8, 2010 | 11:26 am PT
    Emmy Nominations for American Idol

Early this morning, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences revealed the 2010 nominees for the 62nd Primetime Emmy Award Nominations. Many of American Idol’s hard workers were recognized, including the busiest man in show business, Ryan Seacrest! Check out the 2010 Emmy nominations for American Idol:

Outstanding Reality – Competition Program
    American Idol • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    Ken Warwick, Executive Producer
    Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Executive Producer
    Simon Fuller, Executive Producer
    Charles Boyd, Co-Executive Producer
    Patrick M. Lynn, Supervising Producer
    Megan Michaels, Supervising Producer
    Toby Gorman, Supervising Producer
    Norm Betts, Producer
    Sam Brenzel, Producer
    Melanie Oberman, Producer
    Katie Fennelly, Producer

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program
    American Idol • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    Ryan Seacrest as Host

Outstanding Art Direction For Variety, Music Or Nonfiction Programming
    American Idol • Idol Gives Back • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    James Yarnell, Production Designer
    Gregg Rainwater, Art Director
    David Edwards, Art Director

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Variety Or Music Series Or Special
    American Idol • Episode #933 Idol Gives Back • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    Edward J. Greene, Production Mixer
    Andrew Fletcher, PA Mixer
    Tim Hatayama, Music Mixer
    Michael Parker, Monitor Mixer
    Gary Long, Playback Music Mixer
    Brian Riordan, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Connor Moore, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Adrian Ordonez, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Christian Schrader, Audience Sweetener
    Bruce Arledge, Jr., Production Mixer
    Randy Faustino, Music Mixer
    Paul Whitman, PA Mixer
    Alex Guessard, Foldback Mixer

American Idol • Episode #943 Finale • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    Edward J. Greene, Production Mixer
    Randy Faustino, Music Mixer
    Andrew Fletcher, PA Mixer
    Michael Parker, Monitor Mixer
    Gary Long, Playback Music Mixer
    Brian Riordan, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Connor Moore, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Adrian Ordonez, Pre-Production Package Mixer
    Christian Schrader, Audience Sweetener

Outstanding Short-Form Picture Editing
    American Idol • Dream (Episode 924/925A) • FOX • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.
    Oren Castro, Editor

Congratulations to all of the American Idol nominees!

FORT Fogey

I can understand everything except the Art Direction nod. It's one (mostly empty) set for the whole season. Are they getting an award because the set didn't fall down this year?

It was for the Idol Gives Back episode if that helps.
    Outstanding Art Direction For Variety, Music Or Nonfiction Programming
    American Idol • Idol Gives Back

American Idol's First Compilation Album - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

February 3, 2011 | 11:33 am PT
    American Idol's First Compilation Album

Ten Years Of American Idol Artists

19 Recordings/RCA Records Announce American Idol 10th Anniversary – The Hits Compilation Album To Be Released On
    March 15, 2011

For the first time ever, the superstar recording artists from the past 10 years of television’s #1 show, American Idol, will have their signature songs featured on one compilation. American Idol 10th Anniversary - The Hits will be released on March 15, 2011 with mega-hit singles from the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Fantasia, David Cook and more.

American Idol 10th Anniversary – The Hits spotlights some of Idol’s most successful contestants like Kelly Clarkson’s #1 Billboard Pop 100 hit “Since U Been Gone,” Carrie Underwood’s Grammy award-winning “Before He Cheats” and rock super group Daughtry’s #1 ballad “Home.” Other tracks include Season 6 winner Jordin Sparks’ collaboration with R&B’s Chris Brown on “No Air,” heartthrob David Cook’s platinum single “Light On” and Fantasia’s #1 Hot R&B/Hip Hop song “When I See U.” The compilation also highlights Kris Allen’s platinum hit “Live Like We’re Dying,” Ruben Studdard’s soulful single “Superstar,” Taylor Hicks’ esteemed performance of “Takin’ It To The Streets” and Broadway star Clay Aiken’s 2003 hit “Invisible.” Adam Lambert soars on this year’s Grammy-nominated “Whataya Want From Me” while current American Idol Lee DeWyze closes out the album with his chart-climbing single “Sweet Serendipity.”

Since its debut in 2002, American Idol, created by Simon Fuller, has become one of the most popular shows in the history of American television. Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler and global superstar Jennifer Lopez help kick off a second decade of Idol as new judges this season. Together they join twenty-year music industry veteran Randy Jackson and media mastermind Ryan Seacrest for the 10th anniversary season. Throughout the show, contestants will face new and exciting challenges as they compete to become the next American Idol.

American Idol – 10th Anniversary – The Hits – Volume 1

1. Kelly Clarkson - “Since U Been Gone”
    2. Ruben Studdard - “Superstar”
    3. Clay Aiken - “Invisible”
    4. Fantasia – “When I See U”
    5. Carrie Underwood – “Before He Cheats”
    6. Taylor Hicks – “Takin’ It To The Streets”
    7. Daughtry – “Home”
    8. Jordin Sparks (duet with Chris Brown) – “No Air”
    9. David Cook – “Light On”
    10. Kris Allen – “Live Like We’re Dying”
    11. Adam Lambert – “Whataya Want From Me”
    12. Lee DeWyze – “Sweet Serendipity”

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Aerosmith may be playing on the show this season. Steven Tyler is up for it, and despite the whining and criticism from Joe Perry earlier, it sounds like he’s not against it. Which brings up a different point. Joe Perry was on the AI6 finale. And yet he criticizes Steven Tyler for his involvement?

Joe Perry changing tune on ‘American Idol’? - BostonHerald.com

Joe Perry changing tune on ‘American Idol’?
    By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 - Updated 11 hours ago

If Aerosmith is in fact scheduled to perform on “American Idol” this season, it’s news to lead guitarist Joe Perry.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Perry told the Track yesterday. “No one’s said a word to me.”

Perry said he hasn’t heard anything about the TV gig from his frontman, “Idol” judge Steven Tyler. Ditto for his bandmates and manager.

“All I know is that we’re working on an Aerosmith record this summer, and we’ve got tours scheduled in South America and Japan in the fall, but Japan could be up in the air because of all that’s happened there,” he said.

“Idol” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe announced earlier this week that Aerosmith would take the stage sometime this season, possibly during the show’s big finale in May, but more likely before that.

But Perry said he spoke to Tyler less than two weeks ago on a personal matter and texts with him frequently, and Steven has yet to mention the “Idol” gig — a lapse the singer acknowledged on the red carpet at the Paleyfest conference in Beverly Hills the other night.

“I want to be honest about this and I don’t want to get myself in trouble because I haven’t asked the guys yet,” Tyler told an interviewer. “I’m sure they will.”

Fellow judge Randy Jackson then chimed in to say, “I’m sure they’d love to.”

Oh really? Because last we heard Perry was calling TV’s top talent show “one step above (Teenage Mutant) Ninja Turtles” when his erstwhile Toxic Twin announced that he scored the judging gig.

But yesterday Joe appeared to have mellowed on the matter. When we asked if he’d do the gig, Perry didn’t rule it out.

“If it doesn’t conflict with anything on the calendar, sure, I’d do it, but if it does, then it’s not going to happen,” he said.

As you know, Tyler and the rest of the band had been estranged for months before Steven took the “Idol” job, with Perry at one point saying he and the rest of the Bad Boys would consider replacing their lead singer of 40 years if he didn’t get his act together. But yesterday the pair appeared to be Back In The Saddle, mostly.

“There’s never been a ‘feud’ on my part,” Joe said, although he acknowledged that family commitments kept him from joining Tyler and the rest of the band in L.A. last month when they got together to write new music for their upcoming album.

“We’ve rehearsed without Steven before so it was no big deal that I wasn’t there,” he said.

BTW, on the Paleyfest red carpet Tyler also revealed that Aerosmith had a camera crew with them from 2003 to 2004 to chronicle “what goes on in a rock band . . . for real.” However the footage, which we imagine was priceless, was never used. Perhaps they should bring the video jockeys back if this “Idol” gig ever happens. Because considering the history, if it actually comes off we Don’t Want To Miss A Thing!

Joe Perry played guitar for Sanjaya for cryin out loud. You'd think he'd want the opportunity to redeem himself.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just found this article. Not sure if it's new or not, because in it they mention that X-Factor starts this fall. Maybe it was written last summer, but only published a few days ago. In any case, it gives a lot of background info on the show, some history tidbits, and updates on some former idols. Well worth the read!

The Cost of Being on 'American Idol' | Fox Business

Thanks! That was a fun article.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread