+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: A.I. Media Articles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well I have to disagree with his article....I didn't think they portrayed Birmingham as "hillbilly" at all.....and believe me I was terrified that they would drag out the stereotypical hillbilly to parade in front of the camera but they didn't.

While I wasn't a big fan of Jamie Lynn...I didn't think she was a terrible singer nor did I think she was bad looking....I would have loved to have looked like that when I was 17!!! Heck, she was her 2006 homecoming queen of her high school! And like Tigerrusty had posted in the show thread, I have NO doubt that the producers told her to pour out her sob story...that in addition to her southern twang and her nerves probably didn't make her come across as the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't think she deserved the raking across the coals that Dave McGurgan gave her.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'll give Dave a big ole for his harshness!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2221765;
    This isn't really much of an article, but here goes: apparently some of the rejects from last week (including the one Simon called a bush baby) are in Miami for the Super Bowl (covering it for Jimmy Kimmel). They've got a few photos as part of the Media Day photo gallery here.

Well, at least they got something out of their 15 minutes of fame.
    I saw them on ESPN. They sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame for cryin out loud & they were talking to Lovey Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2221945;
    Man I think that is an awful and bigoted article. Obvioulsy not a Kellie fan but to each his own. I don't know about his taste in women either, because Jamie is one gorgeous 17 year old.
    This guy has always been bigoted like this. I expect nothing more from him. I hope his life is happy, because eventually Karma is going to kick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2221921;
    Sounds like someone else feels the same way I do.
    Well said Dave McGurgan!
    to the extent of:
    Please, no more Picklers or Covingtons!
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-31-2007 at 05:03 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2222156;
    to the extent of:
    Please, no more Picklers or Covingtons!
    I loved Bucky! I never was big on Kellie though. I am rather happy for Kellie's success after going through so much, but just not a fan. I think she will be just a "blip" on the Radar in the next couple of years... too easy to forget her- no staying power. Jamie reminds me too much of her with the hicky accent & the sob story. Enough already!

To add insult to injury, Jamie has been on all the local news stations, radio stations, newspapers... She wasn't good enough imo & I'm pretty sure Hollywood will do her in (at least I hope!)
    Hillbilly Haven has been NC's representation thus far. Between Jamie & that idiot Cowboy (Memphis auditions), I wanna run & hide.

I debated on whether to post this in the spoiler thread or not but since what happened to him...I'm going under the assumption he won't even be shown on the show, therefore no need for a spoiler!! Mods you can judge for yourself and if it needs to be moved to the spoiler thread-no problem!

DALLAS -- A North Texas man who earned a golden ticket to Hollywood when he auditioned for American Idol says that ticket was yanked. FOX 4's Brandon Todd says some ghosts from his past may have something to do with it.

Fox 4 News

Myspace

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Makes you wonder...if he disclosed this to the producers beforehand why he was booted and others have made it through....

Larry King is really on the AI bandwagon....

Tonight (2/1/07) his guest will be Ruben Studdard along with (rumored) Kellie Pickler and Ace Young

Larry King Live

I couldn't get the video to play about Brandon. I liked him so it's a shame he got booted. I wonder what in his past is so bad? Poor guy.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...-1/NEWSREC0201
    Yeah right~ Do you people really like her?
    Sorry, I just don't get it

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
    By Gerald Witt

Reidsville teen back in school after spot on 'American Idol'

WENTWORTH - After making the cut for Hollywood in the Birmingham, Ala., round of American Idol auditions that aired Tuesday, Jamie Lynn Ward is back at Rockingham County High School, where the 17-year-old homecoming queen is preparing to graduate.

"We seem to be her press agent today," said principal Wayne Barnett, who said she signed into school late - 10:30 a.m. - after doing some local radio interviews.

Ward sang her way into the American Idol finals pool on the nationally-televised program, and told the judges that her father shot her mother and then himself in 2006.

Three judges on the show say who goes beyond auditions at tryouts in several cities across the country. The finalists compete for a million-dollar record contract. Tuesday's show was pre-recorded.

"I felt like she did a good job last night," said Beverly Burke, her chorus teacher at the high school. But other finalists might want to beware. Burke added, "She is capable of much more than she showed last night."

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2224851;
    http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...-1/NEWSREC0201
    Yeah right~ Do you people really like her?
    Sorry, I just don't get it
    Me neither -- she's just a Pickler redux.
    (couldn't stand Pickler)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread