+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: arguing with Simon...

Originally posted by xtlimitlessx
    Exactly, i mean most of these contestants act like they know EVERYTHING. They don't realize that mouthing off to their boss (which in this case Simon, who is essentially their boss) they won't get the job or any job for that matter.
    I agree.
    I also agree wiyth the comment fom SnowflakeGirl, many kids do not have any respect for their elders.
    Parents allow them to rule the roost at home and they mouth off to their teachers at school too.
    This is just an extension of the attitude instilled by parents who don't discipline their children properly imo.

The fact that her mother sat there applauding her outburst was disgusting imo.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think everyone that argued with him truly did suck, and they were even more unappealing to me after I saw their personalities.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The fact that her mother sat there applauding her outburst was disgusting imo.
    That pissed me off too. Had that been me and my mother, my mother would have taken me into the next room and taken a strip off me.

But Paula was right, especially when Juanita was freaking on Randy, "Do you know who you are talking to?" All 3 of the judges, love em or leave em, have made their living in the business. You're just a punk wanna be diva.

I'd much prefer Patrick, (who the judges were a little hard on) and his polite disagreement and pleading his case. The judges will remember that and it says a lot about who he is as a person.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Mine would too

I agree Bravo.
    I really don't think Simon was unduly mean last night, my feeling is that his comments were pretty accurate
    Last edited by fluff; 02-26-2003 at 11:16 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I find that Simon usually is on the money.. but he's gotten this 'bad guy' reputation that it's easier for the contestents to pretend he's just mean than giving an honest critique.

I do think Simon was a little hard on Patrick when he said it was a mistake for him to be there.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fan
    I found that the two gilrs who argued so much (Sylvia and Juanita) really did sound terrible. Simon was right when he said that they should go and watch they tape.

And yes, people today are getting big attitudes for no reason whatsoever. They need to take a seat and be a little more humble. It will get them much further in life to be able to listen.

On a side note...Hey BravoFan, Combat Missions RULES (my favorite show of all time next to The Simpsons and Quantum Leap). Do you have any idea if they are doing a 2nd season??

I think you could well have hit the nail on the head there Miss F.
    They dont seem to actually listen to what he's saying, they just hear the first sign of a negative comment and start reacting.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hey MattyB! and welcome to the FORT!

Boy have you come to the right place....there is a core allegiance of Combat Missions fans here! So as not to threadjack this one, head over to the CM thread here: Combat Missions Fans - MUST SEE site
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think generally watching back youre performance on tape would be a good indication of area where you might need to improve.

I don't think it would help Juanita and Sylivia too much as they clearly already think they're fantastic singers.
    You just can't help people like that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

to all above

Being a mother I would have been upset that simon was dissin' my babe, but if any of my kids talked that way to an adult, hell, to ANYONE, I'd let 'em have it.

Of course, they never would
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast