+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tamyra Gray Sings Her Heart Out for 'Boston Public'

That would have been one hell of a show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I actually was cheering for Kelly during AI, but now that I have seen her since I'm not so impressed with her personality. I think I would have much rather seen Tamyra win.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Tamyra was GREAT on BP last night. Hearing her sing again brought tears to my eyes (but I am admittedly quite a softie). I think that even though more of this season's performers are technically very accomplished vocalists, they could learn a thing or two about charisma from this gal. There's just a spirit in her singing that lacks in AI2.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I agree, Snowflake. Tamyra is special and a diva. Though I understand Nakesha's point about being compared to a voice she thinks is nothing like hers, I also wonder what is so bad about being compared to Tamyra? I'd be honored.
    "The world is a stage, and sometimes people fall off."

LOVE Tamyra. I think we're gonna be let down because there's really nobody in this year's competition that can compare to her. Such poise; I loved how she carried herself. Can't wait for her cd to come out; anybody know when that'll be?
    *Megan*
    http://www.stephanieschultz.tk

Originally posted by Amanda
    I agree, Snowflake. Tamyra is special and a diva. Though I understand Nakesha's point about being compared to a voice she thinks is nothing like hers, I also wonder what is so bad about being compared to Tamyra? I'd be honored.
    I think he was actually telling her that she had obviously watched tamyra last year, which is why she picked that song... but where as tamyra could have pulled it off... she couldn't.... he *did* say that she had a good voice, and he thinks she can do well... so it was kind of a compliment.... she should have said thank you, and sat on the damn couch

Tamyra was absolutely awesome on BP. Her song game me goosebumps, too.

She was definitely my favorite to win on the last AI.

Tamyra Gray Signs for More 'Boston Public'

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Former "American Idol" contestant Tamyra Gray has received an extended hall pass from the producers of "Boston Public."

Gray has signed to appear in three more episodes of the FOX drama, bringing her total to seven. She made her prime-time acting debut on Monday's (Feb. 24) episode of the series.

"We are extremely excited about the acting debut of Tamyra Gray," executive producer Jason Katims says. "She has done an amazing job in portraying a sensitive character."

Gray plays Aisha, a shy student at Winslow High who, teacher Marilyn Sudor (Sharon Leal) discovers, also has a strong singing voice. Marilyn persuades Aisha to try out for the school musical, and after an initial bout of stage fright, she wows the other students and faculty adviser Marla Hendricks (Loretta Devine).

Coming episodes will examine how Aisha deals with her newfound popularity among other students and how it affects her relationship with her boyfriend.

Gray's debut helped "Boston Public" draw about 10.7 million viewers Monday, according to preliminary Nielsen figures. The show has been averaging 9.6 million viewers a week this season.

Well, good for her.
    I think she's great.
    It could be that the person who came fourth will prove more successful that the winner of the competition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12