+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly promises a little bit of everything on upcoming CD

Kelly promises a little bit of everything on upcoming CD

There's something for Paula, Randy, Simon and everyone else on Kelly Clarkson's upcoming album.

The winner of the first "American Idol" competition is tackling a variety of styles on her still-untitled debut, due April 15.

"There's soul. I have some rock on there. I have some big bluesy numbers and I have two ballads, I think, and some faster, hip-hoppy stuff," the singer said last week on the set of her upcoming movie, "From Justin to Kelly: A Tale of Two American Idols."

Clarkson has been recording the album on days off from last fall's "American Idol" tour and this winter's movie shoot. She's worked with an array of producers, including Rhett Lawrence (98), Sam Watters (Jessica Simpson) and Tommy Simms (Blackstreet).

"I like variety," the singer said. "I don't want my album to sound like one big song."

The album may feature an appearance from fellow "American Idol" finalist Tamyra Gray, but not Clarkson's movie co-star, Justin Guarini.

"We were gonna work on something together, because we both write, but it's hard enough trying to get my stuff on my album right now, because I'm doing everything at such a fast pace," she said. "I love collaborating, though. It brings something different to a song."

Clarkson, who topped the singles chart in September with "A Moment Like This" (see " 'American Idol' Kelly Clarkson Crushes Singles Chart Competition"), has written several songs herself but isn't sure how many will make the album.

One she is pulling for is called "Thankful." "I just like it because it's like a thank you to everybody," she said. "I just like that whole kind of theme."

The former cocktail waitress from Burleson, Texas, said she'll promote her album with a summer tour.

"From Justin to Kelly," which chronicles Clarkson and two friends as they meet up with Guarini and two friends on spring break in Miami, is due in theaters April 25. "It's kind of like 'Grease' on the beach," Clarkson said. "And nothing, nothing like this has been done since 'Grease.' "

I'm sorry, but I think this movie reeks of cheese.

I think it is about time the record company had her release something. It's been a long while since the first single.
    "That's Numberwang!"

yeah, she needs to do a spotlight on ai2 so people will remember her again. too much time has passed between her winning and the release of this album. we americans forget quickly. outta sight, outta mind.

that being said, i still love her voice. and with all the cheese that it will reek, i can't help but believe that i'll see it.
    Last edited by sher; 02-19-2003 at 04:10 PM.

well, I'm sure I won't see the movie at theaters, but you can bet I'll rent it

I hope some of her written material gets on the album, it will be nice to see if the talent goes beyond singing.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

oh cali, yes... let me clarify. i will also RENT it. i'm not going to the theater to watch! it will hit blockbuster in about 3 months.

**whew, no longer need to worry about sher **
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

oh yes. no worries. i watch all my embarrassing movies at home in front of the tv.

FORT Newbie
    Are you sure you even want to rent it? I bet it'll be a Fox "Night at the Movies" sometime this summer.

you are probably quite right!!

Originally posted by ConanRDU
    Are you sure you even want to rent it? I bet it'll be a Fox "Night at the Movies" sometime this summer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast