+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelly promises a little bit of everything on upcoming CD

Do you tink it'll even make it to theatres?
    It's kind of screaming "straight to video" for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I've actually heard a few of the tracks on her upcoming album. One, entitled "To Make You Feel My Love", is very good. Vocally, she is strong. The other "Queen of the Night", is a rock-take on. She says the word "damn" in the song! It seems like their turning her into something she doesn't want to be. For instance, Britney Spears (uk!) was always such a goody-girl, then she started swearing in her songs, just for the media and to get more fans. Geez, I hope this isn't happening to Kelly!

As for the movie, can you say "bomb"?

-Rach

those aren't songs for her upcoming album that you have heard, those are old demo tracks of hers from before American Idol... when she was trying to get contracts...... "To make you feel my love" is by garth brooks... from that movie with sandra bullok and harry connick junior, and "Queen of the night" is whitney houston from bodyguard...... these will not be on her album
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Yea i dont see the movie being very popular. I did like greece, but that was a one time thing. I dont think it can be repeated. Kelly does have a great voice, but i think she should stick to singing and not branch out into acting, specially so soon.

FORT Fan
    Kelly's RCA CD is scheuled to be released on April 15th. That's the one that will determine if Kelly Clarkson really will be a bona fide popular recording artist. We all know she has the great voice to pull it off, but will the songs be of sufficient quality? This combination is making me think that it will resemble Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" album (also on RCA), which is a good but not great album. Kelly needs to do better than be a Christina clone.

The movie is scheduled to be released in theatres around the nation on April 25th. If "Jackass" and "Kangaroo Jack" can do big box office, even a crappy and cheesy movie like this has a shot.

Lex
    I didn't watch last season, but I'm very interested in Kelly's first CD. I think it's a great idea that she's trying out several different styles and music genres. That means if I don't enjoy one song, I might enjoy some others on the CD (unlike some pop singers where all their songs are the same).

I can't wait (and April 15th is two days after my birthday, so I'll treat myself to a present )

Good for you, always pays to give yourself a little gift imo.

I think having a mix of different songs is a very good idea, sure to be something to appeal to most people.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When I watched the movie clip on AI on the Justin/Kelly movie, I kept thinking it feels like Justin is riding Kelly's co-tail to get his share of fame.....

Don't know if more people had that feeling.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12