+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nasheka Siddall - Group 4

But, what a lot of them don't realize, I think, is that while Simon may seem overly harsh to them, he's nothing compared to what they will face in the "real world" if they decide to try to make music their career. And, in Nasheka's case, Simon was actually paying her a compliment. He said she has a good voice but just chose the wrong song. She didn't hear that, though. She was just looking for an opportunity to talk back, IMHO.

I agree Lobes.
    His comments really are tame compared to some they'll hear, particularly from music journalists who might not even agree with the whole basis of the competition.
    I think Kelly came in for some flack last year from journo's who think you only have credibility if you've put in years of practising in the garage.

She should have listened to him as he was complimentary about her, even saying he hoped she'd advance to the final ten stage.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Especially in Juanita and Sylvia's cases... if their friends and family are any indication, then they are used to having their asses kissed. I mean, if they are standing up and cheering when she mouths off to Simon, it's obvious they aren't used to criticism of any form.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by fluff

As with so many of you, the talking back annoyed me.
    Who the hell does this girl think she is--spouting off to Simon like that? I think she had one of the better vocal performances of the evening, but I would refuse to vote for her based on her classless response to Simon's critique.

Sit down and shut up and take your lumps as the rest of the contestants do. You blew it for me, "girlfrien'"!

I am curious, Fluff, because you said in response to my comments above about Kimberly Locke that her spouting didn't bother you.

Is she the one that started the whole trend of responding to Simon, is it cumulative, or did you just happen to like Kimberly better? Just asking is all.

I didn't find Kimberley Locke to be as aggressive in her response.

I watched the tape back and do wish that she hadn't said anything, but the combination of her attempting some humour and being baited by Paula and Randy to "have a go" at Simon just really didn't bother me as much as the comments did last night.

I think they would all be better served by simply listening to what the judges have to say and taking their suggestions on board.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Perhaps Kimberly Locke's response has emboldened the others to go off on Simon.

It does get them some additional airtime, but does not make them look good in front of America.

I agree they should all adjust their attitudes and enjoy what will be fifteen minutes of fame for all but one of them.

I appreciate your response.

The attitudes last night were horendous.

Having said that, I think Nasheka was the best Female last night. Of course I thought they were all terrible, so it isn't saying much.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I agree with you, Cali. In comparison to the other females on the show, Nasheka was the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123