+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

I thought he sounded pretty country throughout the competition, so I wasn't surprised when he belted out a song in 100% country style.

I can understand why Simon would say that to him. The target market would be totally different for a pop star as opposed to a country star, so he probably should pick one. Crossover success doesn't happen very often to lesser established artists.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I still don't want him to try to sing a disco song with a country sound to it though!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Isn't Josh going to war? And also, did anyone else notice Simon completely show him up in the "push-up" department?! I thought that was hysterical-totally made my week. That Simon's in pretty good shape. Doesn't the marines teach correct push-up form by the way?

I was wondering about Josh going to war, too. How would AI handle that? Would they just not vote someone off that week?

Maybe he'll be voted off first...I dunno... I personally wonder if he would still be on this show if he wasn't a Marine. He has a good voice, but I really don't think it's as good as many other contestants'. But then again, we're not just voting on a talent- we're voting on a person, and alot of people will definitely support a Marine as the "American Idol".
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Aota Bass, I think I read somewhere that if the Marines call him in to fight, the AI producers said they'd accept him back into the next series of competitions.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Aota Bass
    I personally wonder if he would still be on this show if he wasn't a Marine. He has a good voice, but I really don't think it's as good as many other contestants'. But then again, we're not just voting on a talent- we're voting on a person, and alot of people will definitely support a Marine as the "American Idol".
    I have been feeling precisely the same way all along. I don't think some of these people got voted in based on vocals. Carmen fit that cute blonde mold, Josh was the military man in a "time of war" (and milks it for all it's worth), Julia and Kim C. represent the drama that Fox thinks will have people coming back, etc. Of course, I think everyone was brought in for a reason other than their voice. Ruben, Kim L., and Clay were likely brought in partly because they didn't fit that cookie cutter image, although these three fortunately can really sing.

Wow...a bit cynical there, aren't you, Anna?

FORT Fogey
    I'm trying to find some sort of rationalization for the fact that some of these individuals are in the finals.

Oh, I know...I'm just giving you a hard time.

I think Josh either consciously, or subconsciously, wants to just go home. He is married, and has a little baby, and it has to be terribly stressful to be separated from his family. I'm sure his wife is feeling VERY insecure about her husband being "housemates" with all of the single ladies. FOr the rest of the group, it's party time! For Josh, I'm sure he is afraid of being caught on camera having too good of a time, and having his wife get jealous. Going "country" will get him home sooner.

+ Reply to Thread