+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Eh, I still like his voice. I don't think I agree with Simon that he absolutely has to stick to one style. For instance, I really don't want to hear a disco song sung in country format.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Here's the problem I have with Josh... he made it through the auditions with pop music, won his initial semi-final round with pop music, and NOW wants to switch to country?
    I have the same problem Hazy.

I'd also like to believe that you can be true to your interests and style without going overboard. He overdoes the twang.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

JR.
    Originally posted by Zhora
    I guess that means we won't be seeing you over in the Nashville Star forum, eh JR? Such a shame. You would have really liked Kristen Kissling.
    Well, I'll certainly go in to look around, I just won't be commenting on the actual show

I think it shows extreme talent to be able to sing different kinds of music. Josh has a beautiful voice...he'll find his style, yet. Give the guy a break.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like him. He's definitely in my top 4.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I disagree with Simon.

It is a sign of a very talented individual that he can sing in multiple styles.

Just look at people like Garth Brooks if you have any doubt.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

I agree - it's not a bad thing at all to be able to change your style.

I think Simon's forced Josh's hand, and Josh will stubbornly stick to countrifying everything, which means he'll be an early boot. I personally would never vote for him singing like that.

I agree John.
    He put him on the spot and Josh had to make a decision.

I think singers should be able to sing in more than one style and found his country turn on the song quite interesting to listen to.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I actually agree with Simon. The thing was, it wasn't just showing off his diverse talents, it was like he had a totally different voice altogether, and it wasn't the one that got him voted into and kept him in the competition. He hasn't won yet, and I think Simon was just warning him that if he can't make up his mind about what he wants to sound like, then he can't expect voters to keep him in if they're unsure of what he's going to sound like the next week. I personally don't like the country twang, and I would not be happy voting someone American Idol based on how they sound and then finding out they're now singing in a totally different style, ya know?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Sleeping with George W
    Even though "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" was first recorded by Aerosmith, it also went to number one on the country charts with a Mark Chesnutt version. So ... it made good sense that he'd pick that one.

When he sang the first couple of notes from I Will Survive in a country mode, I thought it actually sounded pretty good. The trick for him will be to find songs that he can give that "country cross-over" sound to.

Josh is going to have huge support in the current war environment. I think he'll be around for a while.

+ Reply to Thread