+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

They said it's because this was the only week Olivia Newton-John could come...

But that makes NO SENSE to me- I mean, I definitely don't associate her with country/rock. I associate her with Grease and with cheesy 80s pop. Yeah yeah she started off in country and crossed over, but they could have found someone much better suited to the country/rock theme. Also, Olivia gave no valuable feedback!

Why would they go out of their way to make sure they get a celebrity that is not the definitive choice for that theme? And I am REALLY upset they changed the theme because it affected all the performances- they're used to having a week to choose a song, learn it, prepare it, and work with the coach. They had a shorter time span, and I think the only one who was able to pull off the quick switch was Kimberley L. Trenyce forgot words and gave her personal worst performance by far, Josh mumbled the whole thing and went way flat on the belting notes, Clay did nothing special, many chose really simple songs as a safe bet (Ruben, Kim C (who always does this), Carmen). Rickey just wasn't able to work his style into the song- it totally clashed, I thought. It was a waste of a show.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I couldn't have said it better, Aota Bass. It was definitely a waste of a show and I agree with the Olivia-Newton John thing...if they had done 80s pop or songs from Grease or SOMETHING, I would've understood why they were so desperate to have her on the show...but she gave no constructive criticism (ok, no criticsm at ALL) and most people on the boards agree that the show was one of the weakest (if not the weakest) of all of this season.
    *Lacey

Originally posted by caliqueen16
    I couldn't have said it better, Aota Bass. It was definitely a waste of a show
    How is country rock a waste of a show?

Are you oblivious to how popular that genre is?

In fact, it is probably larger than rock, pop, rap, or hip hop.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

FORT Regular
    OK, First off, I don't agree with some of your comments, so here is my opinion (which im entitled to)
    1) I can't stand it when people say that Josh will only stay in the competition because he is a military guy- imo, he as talent- a lot of it. he deserves to be there, and i will continue voting for him. It doesnt even phase me when i think of how he's in the military- thats his job, so get over it.
    2) Yes, the whole Josh is a "marine" guy is getting old- but don't blame it on him. He's not the one promoting his job- the networks, tabloids, magazines are. I don't think Josh wanted it to turn out as such a big deal.
    3) About the theme change- It has been stated that they changed the theme for the celebrity judge, so im not overanalyzing it, i just learned to accept it. I certainly dont think they changed it for Josh (even Carmen). Next week is disco, which will make other contestants in their "confort zones", just like Josh was in his.

All im saying is- don't blame Josh for everything that is being said about his job, military, and the theme change.

Not everyone voting for him is voting for him based on his job, i know im not...
    ~Brit

Originally posted by Threshold

I'm not saying I have anything against the genre. Don't get all pissed off at me because I'm entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.

But, if you read ANY of the threads regarding the 3/25 show, you will see that the majority thought it was a weak show. Maybe it was not because of the genre, but because of the sudden genre change from disco to country rock.

Also, don't go calling me oblivious just because I happen to state my opinion. I never said country rock was an unpopular genre so you make yourself seem like an igorant person who is not open to others' points of view.

I'm sorry but people who jump at me just because I state my agreement with another's opinion piss me off.
    *Lacey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by caliqueen16
    Even if it wasn't for Josh that the theme was changed, did we ever find out the reason that it was? :
    Yes, "Extra" broke the story.

But the real reason was the celebrity judge. Olivia Newton John, a hopelessly devoted fan of "Idol," proposed the theme and was only available to judge Tuesday night before going on tour.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Somewhere around here I read that disco week was coming back this week. I hope that's true because I'm really looking forward to that
    *Lacey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Me too. I think it will be a hoot.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by Threshold

I did NOT say country/rock was a waste of a show. I was referring to last week's show in particular, and not because of the genre.

If the contestants had a full week to prepare their country/rock songs it would have been MUCH better. But since it was all thrown together in a few days, it wouldn't have really mattered what genre they had chosen.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Right on, Aota, exactly what I was trying to say but I think your defense came out much better.
    *Lacey

+ Reply to Thread