+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Grazie Hazy!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think Josh has a wonderful voice, even though I'm not really digging his whole country deal. And about the whole Marine thing, I don't think he's "using" it to get votes, but I do think that it happens anyway, from the public giving him sympathy votes. I just don't think he's to blame for it if the public has a special place in their heart for a guy in the military. ...just my opinion on the matter, anyway.
    *Lacey

Josh Makes Me Sick

First things first, God bless America, I love this country

What I'm gonna say could offend some ppl, but know I'm just expressing somehting that irritates me.

First, the unneccessary salutes Josh was givin out just to rub in ppl's faces he's a marine

Then the sudden style change from out of nowhere! Listen to "I'll Be", there is no southern twang there whatsoever!!!

What really ticks me off is that Josh will go far because of the sympathy and outside influences such as the war with Iraq and the fact he is a father.

Wanna know why I think it changed from Disco to Country? To appeal to Josh the super marine during this time of war

Not to mention the fact that his talent is minimal and that his looks and occupation will carry him thru this competition

Is this American diol taken too far? Patriotic Idol should be the name of the game if this special treatment to Joshua contiunues

peace
    Goooooo Ruben!

Welcome to the FORT Mike.

If you have comments about the contestants, please post them in the contestant threads.

I am moving this one to Josh's thread.

(and I have to disagree with pretty much everything you said)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I have totally mixed feelings on Josh. I mean, he has a GOOD voice, but IMHO it's nowhere near as good as *most* of the other finalists, including some eliminated ones.

Also, I was bothered by his sudden switch of genres to country- what was that about?

As far as his Marine status/child/sympathy/patriotism...I don't know. It's hard to say if he is getting special treatment from the Marines or not- there appear to be conflicting reports. It's hard to say how much of a say he has in the constant reminders that he's a Marine. Honestly, that doesn't have any bearing on my opinion of him as a contestant- I haven't voted for him yet because he's never given a performance that really appealed to me. If he blows me away next week, I'll vote for him, but based on his previous performances I just don't think he'll ever be a person I really want to listen to.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Josh Makes Me Sick

The only reason he will go far in this competition is because he is a marine and the United States is at war. His talent is minimal and his sudden change of style just dhows how clueless he is as to what he's doin. Not to mention that his looks will probably bring him far

Also, I think that they changed it from disco to country rock just to favor Josh during this time of war

I didn't like him from the start when he started saluting people that had no military status(the judges)

If this special treatment to Josh is goin to continue the show might as well be called Patriotic Idol
    Goooooo Ruben!

I agree. I REALLY don't like Josh. The saluting thing really annoyed me and I think if we weren't having a war right now he wouldn't have as big of a chance. It also annoys me how he and the show milk it for all it's worth. And even if Josh had the votes to be booted off, the producers would probabley manipulate it so that he wouldn't be, because having a marine is good for the show. Blah.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Josh wanted the whole marine thing to turn out like it. The cameras and AI producers are the ones who make it seem like this or that.....

And I've liked him from the beginning. However, I do not like country music, so if he continues down that path he will likely be gone soon.

Also, I think that they changed it from disco to country rock just to favor Josh during this time of war
    That's simply not true.

Even if it wasn't for Josh that the theme was changed, did we ever find out the reason that it was? :
    *Lacey

+ Reply to Thread