+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

Fade to black
    Here's a rather interesting article about Josh and his "Marine" status. Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/19/deadline-finke.php
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Here's a rather interesting article about Josh and his "Marine" status. Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/19/deadline-finke.php
    Here's the original Detroit News article that's referred to in the LA Weekly piece:

http://www.detnews.com/2003/metro/0301/28/c01-70751.htm
    "It takes grace to play the second fiddle well" - The Fall, "Strife Knot"

and also, keep in mind that while "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" was originally recorded by Aerosmith (version I liked), it was recorded later by a country recording artist (can't think of his name) and Josh's version was pretty much identical to his.

I didn't know that.

It was the first time I'd heard it done with a country twang and I rather liked it.

Thanks for the info KKelly
    "That's Numberwang!"

It was Mark Chestnutt Fluff and you're certainly welcome.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    From BBC news -- 11 hours old.

Marine Idol 'could still fight'

US military officials have denied that a finalist on talent show American Idol who is in the Marines has been exempted from serving on the Iraqi war.

Josh Gracin, 22, was voted through by viewers on Wednesday to be part of the series' final nine contestants.

The programme, which aims to create a new pop star, is based on the British Pop Idol format.

Gracin is a lance corporal based at Camp Pendleton, near San Diego, California.

He is living in the show's house in the Hollywood Hills with the other contestants, but is sticking to a strict training regime and keeping in touch with the Marines every day.

He is doing a really good job representing the Marine Corps

Officals have given him "permissive status" to remain on the show, using his annual leave.

US Marine Corps spokeswoman Captain Shawn Haney said Gracin was on notice to be deployed at any time, just like any other Marine.

"Since day one, there has been no special exclusion made for him," she said.

"If his unit deploys, then he deploys with them. His section of the unit is not scheduled at this moment to go to war."

The show ends in May, when the winner will get a recording contract.

"We are still treating him like a Marine, he is just in a very unique situation," Captain Haney added.

"We consider he is doing a really good job representing the Marine Corps on the show."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

How much leave do they get? (lack of knowledge of anything pertaining to the military here)

If he makes it to the final stages and doesn't get called off to join in the attack he could potentially be on the show for over three months.

There seems to be a lot of conflivcting reports on this issue, with the article hazy linked to claiming his unit had been deployed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm clueless as to the leave situation.

Sher, can your bf help us out?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Fade to black
    Military members accumulate 30 days of leave, at the rate of 2.5 days per month (vacation a year). Unlike civilian vacation time, you can carry this over to the next year. At one time in my military career (I was in for 6 years from the age of 18 to 24) I had over 80 days of leave built up.

Hope this helps.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Thanks hazy
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread