+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

Fade to black
    I liked Josh, until he changed to the country thang, I had him #3 on my top 12. I don't care for him the way he currently sings, and I don't think he has a chance at winning because of his conversion. I don't think they changed the theme for him, it was made abundantly clear that it was changed to accomodate Olivia Newton-John.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I didn't mind the country twang to "Don't wanna miss a thing".
    I thought it was an interesting twist.
    I really didn't like his Garth Brooks song though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree Fluff.

I really do like his voice...but I'm not a country fan. I think there's a time for it and he can pull it off, but I'd rather he not have that "style" the entire time (despite what Simon said )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    Hey Guyz- Im new here...i've been lurking for a long time, but now i thought i should post. I like Josh- he's in my top 4. I liked his performance of "I dont want to miss a thing" but really didn't enjoy his last performance, a little bit too country for me.

I also wanted to address that I am sick of people saying that he's only getting by every week strictly based on being a marine. (not necessarily on this forum) Thats his job-thats it. I feel like people are judging him, saying that he's using it for the votes. If anyone is doing that, it's FOX for ratings, IMO.

I just was on another forum that said "Josh Gracin Hate Thread" and it talked about him being a marine and how he should be in IRAQ fighting- I got so angry because, he has said numerous times that he would leave when he is called- he hasnt been called yet, so why should he leave?

OK guyz, sorry for the venting, i just had to say it.
    ~Brit

Welcome to the FORT AIFreak.

I agree with you. I think the criticism is ridiculous. I don't think some people realize that not every single member of the US military is overseas right now.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I have to admit, I was a little peeved when the military offered that quote about 'recognizing the recruiting value" of having Josh on the show. It clearly tells me that they have a motive for keeping Josh in the US. Whether they will or not is up for debate, but personally I don't think they'd keep him here just to compete.

I think he's got the talent to be top 10, but I don't think he has enough range to be top 4. And now that Simon's forced him into doing everything with a country twang, it's going to be even harder for him to make Top 4. If he sings Billy Joel with a country twang, I might have to "deploy" him myself.

I agree that with a country twang he doesn't stand a chance (at least not in this competition).

FORT Regular
    I think when picks the right songs, and doesn't overdue it, the country twang isn't so bad. But some themes that they might have, i'm afraid of what it might sound like.

And I agree, with the country twang, i dont know how long he will be in the competiton
    ~Brit

Fade to black
    Yes, exactly... I had him in my top 4 before the "country" thing, but I just don't think he can continue to do that and do well in this competition which is why he is now #6 on my list.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fogey
    Personally, I hate country music and I have never been a fan of Joshua, but I think he has gotten better now that he's found his own style. He moved from second last to 6 of 9 on my list. Of course, country or not, I don't think he can compete with Ruben, Kim L., Trenyce, Clay, or Rickey.

+ Reply to Thread